CHAPTER 002- Bracelet.

TW: mentions of self-harm and abuse:  

If this may trigger you please don't read, look after yourself please.

Finally home, well. Home is meant to feel like a home mine doesn't , coming home to a loving family, all eating dinner at the table talking about how good or bad your day was. Is what I have always wanted. 

However, my reality is completely different. My family has never had one dinner at the table all together as a full happy family.  My father is never home, he works all day, well so he says he does and he comes home around 9pm, mysteriously drunk out of his mind every night starting a pointless argument with my mum.  He's abusive and a manipulative old man and I despise him, that may be harsh to say as he is my father but I have never seen him as one, ever since I have entered my teen years he has aimed his violence towards me, he first started with insults like ' I am not his innocent child anymore 'and 'I'm a whore just like my mother' or using words like 'slut'.  This then escalated to not just verbal but physical abuse,  I was not oblivious to this as I knew that It was not right and it was abusive behaviour , I was just too embarrassed to say anything. Not that anyone would believe me, he's the successful, 'friendly',  'family man' as he portrays to everyone else. 

I pretend to my mum that his words don't hurt me, truthfully they do the most. My mum is never  home now which I understand who would want to live with a man like my dad, she's always out with friends or with different men, well my dad doesn't know or care about who she is with or what she is doing. 

Its now 5pm and no one is home, I feel my stomach grumble and I walk into the pitch black kitchen since no lights are on and look into the fridge, which creates a small bit of light. On the top shelf there is some leftover pasta, possibly left for when my father gets home, I click my tongue, contemplating whether to take it or not. I take it. 

I run upstairs to my room and jump onto my bed but, suddenly the feeling of exhaustion creeps over my whole body, I deeply sigh and shut my eyes for a moment forgetting my surroundings and my whole day, drifting into a comfortable slumber. 

There are so many conspiracies surrounding the occurrence of dreams and their functions 

Some believe that dreams are a reflection of what someone truly feels and wants, or they deeply analyse the days that we have and the certain events that play in our brain for hours on end or they relive a day in a different way to try out different outcomes and endings. 

This has been scientifically proven to this day, but no one truly knows what is going on in everyones' brain around the world when they fall asleep. 

In my circumstances , I am being woken by the irritating blaring sound of my alarm, pulling me out of the dream I wished never ended.  I got up from my bed quickly realising that I never got changed into my pyjamas last night and forgot to eat the pasta which spilled all over my white, silky bedsheets. I rub my hands across my face. .  

I direct myself toward the en-suite of my bathroom, I turn shower almost feeling excited to finally wash of the disgusting smell of chlorine from yesterday. I step into the shower and let the  warm water run over my body relaxing muscles from the weird sleeping position I was awoken in, using the vanilla scented body wash and lotion and body spray. I love vanilla scents. 

I slip on my uniform and put on light makeup, which included mascara, blush and a small amount of highlighter and lip gloss. I grab my phone from the bedside table and grab my phone revealing the 5 missed calls from Grace. I'll see her at school. 

I walked down the stairs to the dining room and grabbed the breakfast that my mum had cooked already, leaving a note which read...   

               I'll be home soon honey, made you breakfast , its your fav, have a good day at school. love you - Mumsie.