CHAPTER 003- Crimson blood.

TW: Violence, attempted sexual assault. 

It's Friday morning, I should be excited for last day of the week - I'm not.

I sit up in my bed from my uncomfortable night sleep, probably too fast since my head was spinning. I fall back down onto my soft sheets and feel my body relax onto the soft duvet. 

I stare at my plain white ceiling, wanting to just lay here forever. I tried to close my eyes. I groan and roll over my face now smushed into the pillow. 

I walk downstairs into the kitchen I look up at the huge clock hanging on the wall which displayed 4:35am, I scoff as I unlock the back door to go outside, I feel the cold under my feet as I  step onto the cold patio floor,  being startled by a sudden loud noise coming from inside the house. 

My mum comes in through the door, accidentally dropping her heels and bag full of something that seems to be heavy to make such a loud noise. I make my way back inside and close the door behind me. 

"Honey, what are you doing awake this early?", she asked, taking off her expensive, fluffy coat, which my father brought her for her birthday and hanging it on the staircase. 

"Couldn't sleep I guess, I could say the same about you too." I say raising my brows as she walks towards the fridge and grabbing the milk, pouring it into a glass. she grabs another glass for me and I shake my head. I hate milk, she knows that. 

"I'm gonna go to bed, I'm tired long day." She sighs and pulls me into a warm hug and places a  small kiss on my forehead. I watch as she walks upstairs, towards her and my fathers bedroom and she unexpectedly pauses and turns towards the guest bedroom and shuts the door almost silently behind her trying not wake him. 

I lay down on the sofa, feeling my head thumping in my skull from lack of sleep. 

"Love you too, mum", I say to myself before I close my heavy, puffy eyes and drift off  to sleep. 

__________________________________________________________

" You're fired, what do you mean you fired Steve?" I am awoken not by alarm, but by my mum screaming in her thick Russian accent, coming from the kitchen.  I groan rubbing my eyes. Now this is not what I need in the morning. 

"Maria , I'll get a new job, a better one.", He says practically begging for her to listen or believe him. I scoff not believing a word he is saying by the sarcastic tone he is saying it in. 

I run up to my bedroom, sneaking past them hoping they don't see me, I don't want to be any part into this confrontation. 

I look into the mirror and stare at the person standing in front of me, would the younger version of myself be proud of the person I am today and the choices I have made.  

My younger self consisted In watching princess movies, wearing sparkly dressed waiting for my prince to come and save me from the castle guarded by magical unicorns and dragons. However, outside each small window of her castle was a monster waiting to snatch her innocence, waiting for the curious, small girl to come look out of the window. 

 But when she did , she would regret it forever. 

Monsters come in all shapes and sizes. They can be in the form of the immature, young boys in your class, and worst of all yourself .

A monster which is constantly with you, in your head . The one that knows every small, pointless  things about yourself , slowly eating away at you making you feel smaller and smaller. This little girl met this monster too soon, it ruined her and her life draining every small ounce of happiness she once had, turning it into darkness.