HISTORY

I HAD been waiting for the morning for so long that I could barely believe my eyes when the sharp shadows casted by the street-lamps through my metallic blinds started to fade, diluted by the onset of daylight. Then a chorus of birds broke the drone of the city traffic. I knew it was too early to be up, but I had waited for this day for so long. I trained for it last day since nobody had ever seen Nicholas Hilton before, maybe he would be unpredictable and not act as young as his age.

Terrence taught me how to play with minds because Nicholas' father, Leroy Hilton, was a man who manipulated words. He easily lured people's minds to follow his plans, fooling everyone with his sense. Perhaps his son would be the same, so I was taught to turn things around where I would confuse him if I had to talk to him.

Jim again gave me enlightenment for what I had learned from him, a mild to severe physical assault attack, and as possible as I could to not put my power in front of anyone like before. I had trouble remembering some of his suggestions, because Dr. Steve's speech made me want to end things faster.

After breakfast I immediately left this imprisoning district with Claire. I hope it was the last time I was being caged there. I kind of thought that living in Manhattan onward with Claire only, because she was the only one who understood my feelings, maybe because we were both women. We still used our old car, however it looked sophisticated for me until Claire stared at the other car. It belonged to Terrence Falcon.

We started to leave, but in the first second, Claire already started a conversation. "The silver gray Mercedes S600... So sexy."

"I never thought you fancy cars, too," I acted like I was surprised.

"'Too'?"

"Beside Steve," I raised my eyebrows.

"Nah, no!" she denied my statement. "I don't... He's not... Look, let's talk about the car. Terrence's car. Once I--"

"You are trying to distract the topic," I smoldered.

"--cruised down the freeway, traveling south," she kept continuing, ignoring what I interrupted with. "You want to hear the story?"

"Sure," she knew I didn't care a word of it, but she continued anyway.

"I was sitting in the front passenger seat with so much soft leather around me that I could barely hear the 389 horsepower, 6-liter engine... At eighty miles per hour the engine was only idling. But I could feel the power of the car. One hundred thousand pounds worth of German engineering. One touch from the unsmiling chauffeur and the Mercedes would leap forwards. This was a car that sneered at speed limits."

"I thought you were about to tell me about your trip to the south," I laughed again. "But the car!"

"I told you before!" Claire yelled in laughter as well. We had so much fun today, even though skies seemed frowning behind the gray clouds covering it in the morning.

The blackened sky began to worry Claire for what's coming after it. Thunder began to be heard and people on the streets began to walk quickly to leave the sidewalk, entered the store, opened their umbrellas and also raised the collar of their coats. I looked at them spread on the street from inside the car. I wanted to say that the rain was going down, but I was sure everyone knew that too.

As the first drop started to hit the windshield, another drop began to follow, invading anything above the ground. Rain swept pedestrians running without umbrellas in their hands, cars closed their windows tight, as well as cars I rode. The icy gray sky restlessly grumbled. The thick blackened clouds were dragged down by the heavy rain which it held in its delicate frame. The clouds which struggled to withstand the burden of the weight which the rain held, soon gave in. The rain poured down over the city with a roar. The sound of emptiness was disrupted by the loud gregarious boom of thunder. The cold icy rain pierced people's heads and wet their skin. Some of them ran across the slippery path, their posture weakened by the weight of their soaked clothes. The quality of darkness shifted in the sky but the rain kept pouring. The harsh rain obliterated the crystal reflection of the sky and turned it into a disorientated chaos.