CARTER

WHEN I woke up I almost could not remember which one was to be my reality or dreams. The room I woke up in was different from my messy bedroom. This was Morgan's.

I suddenly remembered my mission to get the first key. That night I received quite important information to keep in my head. It was about Pharrell Carter - The Devil of Manhattan.

He used to live in Seattle and immigrated to New York City to join COSMO. In the past, he was a serious danger for particular local citizens in the United States. He was running for local gangs and worked his way into organized crime under Giuseppe "The Boss" who was the developer of a mafia gangster in 2004. In the next year, Pharrell Carter met a friend called Roy Blanchard who was also the holder of the key piece from COSMO. He assassinated his boss and stood by his own, together with Blanchard created a facility of human genetics and caught the attention of the eyes of the government. Once the pair reached the top of the organization, federal authorities took interest, and let them flee the country to Italy to avoid murder charges, a list of names I'd rather not remember. Upon his return to the United States at the end of 2011, he re-established his power. He collected back all the friends he had in the city, impressed the government by building a secret genetic laboratory in the middle of the crowd of one of New York City's five boroughs.

The laboratory's exact area was not famously known, nobody knew where it was except the people that worked there, and the government that supported the research of genetic mutations, for a better world even though they knew it was their own city that they risked by they did not even know what could be ahead of them. I was part of the danger, I was worried about my own power as I could be dangerous for the citizens of New York City. I had no idea how people like Pharrell Carter, or Terrence Falcon, could hypnotize the big people of this town to give them authorities to create such threats for their own land.

I got up from bed. An egg toast smell welcomed my nose, distracted me from crazy histories of organized crimes in the city inside my mind right after I twisted the door knob and I saw Claire was preparing the breakfast. There were two plates filled with just cooked toast and some vegetables, a glass of fresh chocolate milk, and a cup of coffee with my tablet on the dining table near the kitchen. A vase filled with two plucked red roses as the decoration of the dining table added some phrases of aesthetic style of girls nowadays. Claire definitely knew how to make her Instagram feeds match each other.

"Good morning," she greeted me warmly. I smiled as a response.

"I did not know you cook," I joked, wondering about all the meals on the table. They looked so delicious. They smelled so delicious.

"It's just toast!" she chuckled, taking the joke as a flattering line. However she was correct that she wasn't the real cooker but the machine because it did the toast very well. But still needing some talent as I might burn the bread if it was me who used the toaster machine.

I felt like home, as everything felt so warm in this cold-cold world even though spring started to grow the wild flowers among the grasses, and the trees began to green themselves with thousands of their pretty leaves.

I took a seat and caught a picture of Pharrell Carter on my tablet. I started to be sick with it, so I decided to ask first to let me slide it away. "So, this guy, what do I have to do?"

"You remember the plan last night?"

"Photographic memory, yes," I said with confidence. "Last night you said he would be in some jewelry store in Manhattan, but you couldn't predict when."

"R&R Jewelers Shop, this noon," she said after walking closer. She displayed some pages on the website about a sale of a golden dragon ring where the price was so low and the name of the seller was Pharrell Carter. "He sells it that cheap for a reason as Dragon Ring is some rare jewels in very limited edition that only made ten pieces of it and they are unknown where all the locations are, or owned by who. He has one, and someone is interested to buy it, but I'm sure there is something inside this bargaining, he cannot sell it at too low prices than the real costs of Dragon Ring as he is well known as a person that can never negotiate."