Chapter 10

The Golf

Guma Julia was an early in the morning person. She just loved to be the first who would wake up in the house just so she could go and sit at her peacock chair that was waiting for her at the garden with the bloomed bougainvillea and the other flowers that were spreading all around it. Some of them were sitting in pretty, white-marble jardinières or in big graven pots. Some other were in hanging baskets with weird, flagellate designs on them. She also had a beautiful flower bed with all the pretty and nice smelling buds laying there just because they were lovely.

She was sitting there, took care of her flowers, planted new buds, watered the others, played music for them. She sat next to her lovely garden, knitted, enjoyed her tea in those fine chinas. She fixed her hair, painted her nails. Washed her favourite clothes or cleaned her jewels. Time could pass very easily when she could use her hands for something useful. She checked the time on her watch and when it was the right time to wake her lovely boys, she just ran close to them. Her dearest kids.

The garden wasn't the only thing she liked doing and caring about. She loved cooking. Making sweet and salty things. She adored making spoon sweet of wild cherry, bergamot, sour orange, lemon, grape, quince and every other fruit her boys wanted to eat. All those looked so nice at glass, small, round plates with a little golden detail and repoussé bottom. She also liked to use all those sweet preserves at her cooking. She used many great things at her artful cooking.

Her lovely waist stayed always the same not even a pound up or down, only her love to make all those pretty stuff became bigger and bigger each time. She had a big appetite for doing things and two great hands that wanted to create something new! If she was bored, she wouldn't have opened a cabaret at Las Vegas. She really liked working. Auntie Julia also wanted to give only the best to her big boys. Her dearest boys. She didn't want to make them work for the cabaret but since they wanted to do it she just gave them something to pass the hour.

Auntie came in the room really silently without any big noise that would violently wake them from their nice sleep, she didn't even open the velvet roman curtains. She softly kissed them and said sweetly "Good morning Harry dear." he slightly opened his eyes "Good morning Ricky my sweetheart." he yawned and smiled to her, then with one voice, like they were two polite little kiddos in their nursery, they said "Good morning auntie Julie!"

After getting up, they wore their nice robes, sometimes they were pink, yellow, blue, some others brown, white, black but they were always satin and expensive. They went down to eat with auntie at the breakfast nook with the big stained glass windows that watched at the garden with the peacock chair and the chaise long.

Ricky liked walking in the house barefoot, feeling the coolness of the floor and watching his white feet on the black marble being so pretty. The lovely design of that black marble with the crazy white lines, looking like the veins on his hands the nights he shot up dynamites, neon nod or the h-bomb under the starry sky with his eyes shining like thousand gleaming stones from a dancing corset.

Harry's heart couldn't bare to watch his pretty slippers under his bed, living miserable, so he always wore them. Every once in a while he had a new pair of them, gift from auntie Julie, he had made a whole collection of them. There was not even one pair that could be better from those red with the black embroidered design. Zardozi slippers were the absolute heaven, designs so beautiful that they made Harry feeling melancholic for not being able to reach their divine art.