Chapter 19

Here's to The Tiger and His Nungen

The sun is a gigantic sunflower, so bright and yellow that makes everything around seem so nice with only a couple sunbeams

The sun is a gigantic sunflower, so bright and yellow that makes everything around seem so nice with only a couple sunbeams. The sea is turquoise and the sand golden. Stop searching in the rivers for gold, boys. It's right in front of you, get as much of it as you can! The holes on your pockets are so great that the sand returns back from where it came, poor boys you'll never be rich.

Darn!

Oh no!

Shoot!

Oh jeez!

The kiddos are playing at the beach with an almost deflated ball, they kick here and there, it gets wet and filled with sand, the sand sticks on their feet, thighs and chests. Wet hair, damp, the kids are blithe with the summer's happiness. The schools closed and the funfair has just opened! Some kids are lying down, reading Jules Verne's books while eating mama's sandwiches. Salami, cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo, after that comes a cool watermelon slice and nectarines. The saltiness of their lips gets mixed with the sweetness from the fruits and biscuits with strawberry cream, it really is the something else!

A couple young sons are trying to catch into their fish nets shrimps or baby fish, they lie that they caught millions of those when its only little stones which they throw back in the water. A couple lassies are watching the crabs fighting, then throw some small pieces of bread to make them come out and grab them with their little fingers. With a briery, red urchin on their open palm they run all the way to mama and papa, like crazy, to show them what a great things they did.

Forgotten shells are still under their itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikinis, little rocks stuck in their clear, beach, shoes. Toys under the sand, half made sand castles next to crushed ones. The kids run with their lilos and surfing boards on the small waves like the wild surfers, they even stand there and watch them riding the bigger and darker waves, they are really good, the kids are imagining themselves doing those cool tricks on the water.

They are playing with the rackets by the sea, throw nice round rocks on the water to see them jumping like a little frog. They are running up and down on the beach, swim fast in the sea for who is going to catch the ball first. Dogs are running with them, crawl in the sand. The kids are exchanging friendship bracelets, hit their feet on the sand and then watch it flying in the air so high, over their heads. They laugh, they scream! The kids are happy and blithe.

After playing for hours the mermaids, great battleships, doing the secret spies like Bond, they come out and sit under the umbrella's shadow and try to come up with new games or start eating more fruits and cool water or juice. They take a moment for resting, listen to some good tunes from big sis trannie while she went for swimming with her homegirls at the deep, dark waters. It's summer and the kids are feeling better than ever.

Harry and Ricky were walking in a diner, the sat at a booth, the classic red little sofas and the small jukebox next to you with the greatest songs, Harry spared to it one of his dimes and it started playing. They were waiting for the food. After a busy day your stomach starts complaining. It's not an easy thing digging and digging out all night. A beer and a couple cigarettes are not enough to fill up your empty belly. While you're working, your belly is complaining all the time but you have no mind for that thing. When you're in your car, driving back home, you can hear it just fine in the empty and quiet road, the echo there is the best!