"How you meet„

April 14, 2023 – 4081 words

Requested by tornadobrain

Thomas:
PE class just ended as I walk inside the school from the football fields. I reach my hand back to get the quarters out of my side pocket of my backpack. The vending machine at the school cost ¢50, it doesn't have to be two quarters though. It could be five dimes, fifty pennies, or ten nickels. It could be with nickels and dimes or also pennies with a quarter.
I put in one of my quarters waiting to hear the sound if it going all the way through instead of getting stuck. I hear the noise, putting my other quarter in waiting for the same sound as it follows not long after, putting the other one it in. I pushed the button for a coke as I waited for it to come out. "Fuck." I spoke to myself as the coke never came out. I hit the machine a few times, then pulling the lever thing down for my change, but it was too stiff for me to do it.
"Mierda." I kicked the machine then started to walk away until this muscular boy that was taller walked up, he hit the machine where the change was going and then pulled the lever down. Then just like that, my change had come out. "You wanted a coke, right?" He looked at me with a nice smile. "Uhh yeah yeah." I replied to his question. The coke came out as he handed it to me.
"Gracias." I thanked the boy for getting me my coke. He put his hand out for me to shake it. "Valles. Thomas Valles." He introduced himself as I took his hand into mine. "Y/n
y/l/n." I introduced myself as he already did to me.
"I'll see you around?" He started to walk backwards slowly. "Yeah, see you around." I spoke back to him as he walked off to his next class, both smiling as we couldn't hold them back.

Johnny:
     "Mija, will you come with me to Sammy's store please?" My tio asked me as I was getting out of the restroom.
     "Yeah. Of course, tio." I followed him outside of the house into his car. Sammy's store was pretty far from the house. The drive was nice though, I got some nice air as my window was down.
     Even though the house isn't close to Sammy's store it still wasn't long of a drive as we do live in McFarland.
     "Here's the money. You can buy yourself a candy, too if there's enough." I smiled and nodded as I took the money as I got out of the passenger seat, walking into the store.
     "Hola, Sammy." I greeted Sammy as he was just waiting for people to spend there money in his store.
     "Hola, y/n. Como estas? I haven't seen you in a while." Sammy spoke back to me.
     "Pretty good. What about you Sammy?" I asked him back, bringing the things my tio needed to check out.
     "Good good. Is this all?" He asked was scanning the items.
     "How much is it?" I asked Sammy.
     "$16.67" He told me the total as I had a $20 bill.
     "And this." I put in a candy bar with the other stuff.
     "Good choice, mija." He scanned the candy bar. I paid him the total then said bye to him. I started walking to the exit of the store. I took one step out of the door and some one ran into me. The person that ran me made me drop everything, as all the stuff I just bought went everywhere.
     I looked up to see who it was and it was a boy from my PE class, Johnny Samaniego.
     "Fuck. I'm sorry, I didn't see you." The boy kept trying to apologize.
     "Real smooth, carnal." Another kid from the school, Victor laughed at the situation. While the other boys joked with Victor.
     Johnny had got up then put his hand out to help me up. I took his hand in mine as he pulled his hand up, helping me up. Sammy walked out of the store as White came jogging and slid down the ice cooler to sit down. Sammy brought him a coke as me and Johnny started picking up my things.
"What happened, Samaniego?" White spoke as he was putting his cold coke on his forehead.
"Running then I just ran into her." He handed my things he pick up.
"Watch where you running, Samaniego." White had told him.
"Gracias." I thanked him with a smile I couldn't hide on my face.
"De nada...uhhh Johnny Samaniego." He was gonna start catching up with Danny who had just past by, but he stopped to introduce himself to me.
"Y/n y/l/n." I kept smiling as it still wouldn't go away. He smiled at me back as he ran off to catch up with Danny.