CHAPTER 13

What ? Uncle planned our trip by plane ?” Avneet said while imagining things, totally shocked hearing she will be travelling by air.

But as far as I know uncle said that he will book our tickets for train. Then why is Miku lying ?” Sumedh slowly mumbled with a pout and made a questioning face asking himself.

Miku..you better not be lying.” Basant asked her with a doubtful face.

Sorry to break your imagination Avneet but I was lying.” Mallika said with a fake sorry face.

Avneet dramatically kept her hand at her chest and said, “Ouch.., I'm hurt.”

“If you want we can go by aeroplane but next time because I want to go by train this time.” Mallika said.

“Its fine. I love journeys by train too.” Siddharth said.

Who doesn't ? Everyone does that.” Monica said.

So, be ready tomorrow morning at right 7 am. We will be leaving for station and I don't want any delay from anyone or else we will leave them here only. ” Mallika said.

We are going Ladakh to enjoy ourselves not to see your strictness.” Sumedh again mumbled but the luck wasn't with him because this time everyone heard him.

What did you said ?” Mallika said glaring at him.

Uh-h.. I said that a little strictness is necessary. Huh...Right ?” Sumedh said wiping his invisible sweat on his forehead.

We should go now, class is about to get start. Let's meet tomorrow.” Siddharth suggested and evryone left after bidding their byes.

At Mallika's home

“Are you both done packing things ?”  Mallika's father asked both of them while eating dinner.

Yes I had packed all the things needed.” Sumedh said and then Mallika spoke, “ Mine is also almost done just some everyday things are left.”

“Good..and don't forget to take medicine kit in case any of you got hurt you might need that.”

“Sure uncle.”

“So, all the best for your trip. I have to go early tomorrow probably at 4am because I have a very important meeting, so don't look for me tomorrow. Have a good night my children.” Mallika's father said and left for his room.

Just then Sumedh called a maid and started telling her the list of food needed to be prepared for tomorrow.

That's so much, who will eat that ? And even we can eat outside .”Mallika said.

Sumedh pouted and said,“Okay then.”

“Don’t pout.”

“Why ?”

“Just don't.”

“Tell me the reason.”

“It's nothing.”

“Then why did you told me not to pout ?”

“Because.....”

“Because ?”

“Because......good night.”

Saying this she quickly got up and ran towards her room.

Sumedh chuckled and said,“I am getting impatient now.”

There Mallika got in her room and closed the door. She layed on her bed staring at the ceiling above and said, “Because you remind me of him.

- to be continued