Chapter 3: Damien and Mia

Mia wakes up and looks down and realizes she isn't on the mattress. She looked down and saw she was laying on top of a wing. Damien's White wings. While a second one was on top of them, Hiding both of their bodies from the rest of the world. Damien's arm was wrapped around her waist. His wings were wrapped in a perfectly warm angelic cocoon of angelic feathers. Mia smiled at the thought that he was protecting her even in his sleep. She snuggled closer to him, feeling safely wrapped under his wings. And safe with his arm wrapped around him.

She carefully reached up to touch the wing above them. Mia's fingers gently brushed against his feathers, as she grinned. She liked seeing him so protective. Damien begins to wake up from Mia messing with his wings. He looks over to see Mia, there. He kisses her neck and she looks at him and smiles. Damien says "So that wasn't a dream?" She shakes her head and says "No, It wasn't." He smiles and kisses her again and she kisses him back. Mia says "Damien, What's this?" hinting at his wings.

Damien says "I, Um, remembering you saying my name while I was sleeping and well I wanted to protect you and I guess my subconscious decided to protect you even though I didn't do it myself. I guess after yesterday, I wanted to protect you from anything. Even though, I'm no longer bulletproof." Mia says "Thank you for protecting me, Damien. I don't know why but I love you." Damien smiles at what she said. Damien wants to say it back to her, but for some reason, he can't.

Damien wants to say those three words back but he he can't, He doesn't know why. Damien remembers something and says "I got to go somewhere, But I will be back." She nods in agreement and says "Ok." Damien flexes his shoulder blades to hide his wings. Damien gets dressed in another one of his dad's suits and walks to the Balcony and pops his wings out. He flies away to hell to see his dad.

In Hell

Damien appears in Hell and says "Dad, I got a problem." Lucifer turns around and says "What is the problem?" Damien undoes his shirt to reveal the bleeding. Lucifer says "You're bleeding?" Damien nods and says "Well, not anymore. This happened yesterday." Lucifer says "Why, Don't you go see your Aunt Linda? Maybe she'll be able to help you." Damien nods and buttons his shirt and pops his wings out and flies to Aunt Linda.

At Linda's Therapy Office

He knocks on her door and she opens that door and says "Damien, What's wrong? I'm at work." Damien walks in and says "Well, I came here to get Therapy from you." Linda says "Ok, What's wrong then?" Damien says "Right, Well yesterday. I was caught in the crossfire and well I got shot and I bled." Linda says "Right, and you're scared because you're vulnerable." Damien chuckles and says "Yeah, I'm scared, Aunt Linda. Look at me. I'm shaking, and I asked Dad what to do and he said, 'Go see you, Aunt Linda'. Which I don't know why?" 

Linda Smiles and says "Because I helped your Dad when he was vulnerable." Damien says "What, Dad was vulnerable?" Linda says "Yeah, Your mom made him vulnerable. When he was near her he could die, and He stayed by her for a long time. Which means, There's someone you care about to the point you made yourself vulnerable." Damien chuckles and says "What? That is bad timing then." Linda says "Do you know who makes you Vulnerable?"

Damien says "Well, There was Mia, but how could she make me vulnerable." Linda says "Think about it." Damien starts to think then he remembered the feeling he had about her. He looks at Linda and says "Well, There was this feeling I had about her when I was flying her somewhere." Linda says "You flew her, somewhere? She knows you are an Angel?" Damien says "Yeah, Of Course, she does, Why?" Linda says "What was the feeling you had about her?" 

Damien says "Well, It felt amazing. Better than everything else I've felt, except when I was with Emma." Linda says "Sounds to me, You found what you were looking for, Damien." Damien says "But If she makes me Vulnerable, Why would I stick around?" Linda smiles and says "Do you want to leave her?" Damien says "No, I don't want to. But it's scary that I can die around her."