Chapter 6: Is Damien Alive?

Mia Sees Damien on the ground not moving, She rushes over and sees that he has a piece of glass in his arm. She puts her head against his chest to see if he was breathing, but He wasn't. Mia started to do CPR. Damien wasn't awake right away and Mia yelled "Damien! Wake up! Please!" She slammed her hands against Damien and he woke right up breathing heavily. Mia cups her hand around his face and says "Are you ok?" 

Damien looks at her in awe, and he says "I...I don't know what happened. My wings went back in and I went flying through the glass. Then all I saw was darkness, Then my Uncle appeared in front of me." Mia says "What did he say?" Damien says "He told me that he was sending me back. Mia...I think I died." William says "Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Damien looks at his arm and sees a piece of glass in his arm. He grabs the piece of glass and yells in pain, and throws it. 

Damien puts his arm over the wound and Mia gets up and goes to go get the first aid kit. William comes over and checks the wound. William says "Here, Let's clean the wound." William gets up and gets whiskey and pours it on his wound and Damien flinches and says "Ahh." Mia comes back and begins to give Damien stitches. William confused says "Is it a Good Idea to give Stitches to an Angel, Mia?" Damien says "Well, It's better than me bleeding on the floor. She makes me vulnerable, Which means I have to be treated like a human."

 William says "That's confusing." Damien says "Tell me about it." Damien looks at Mia and sees a tear about to drop. Damien stops her from stitching him and he says "Hey. Hey. Look at me." Mia looks at him. Damien cups her cheek and says "I'm ok, now that you're here." Mia says "Don't do anything like that again, please." Damien says "I don't even know how that happened, Mia. But I promise I won't do that again." Mia lays her head on his chest and Damien puts his arms around her to hold her, To comfort her. 

And William sees a tear running down her face. William says "Mia, He's ok. Come on, Let's finish stitching him up." Mia nods and Lets go of him and he lets go and She begins stitching him again. Mia finishes stitching him up. Damien gets up and Flexes his shoulder blades but his wings don't pop out. He does it again but his wings still don't pop out. Mia says "Why aren't your wings coming out?"

Damien says "This has never happened to me before. I can feel my wings in there, But they don't want to pop out." He flexes again but is still the same. Mia says "Ok. That's enough, Damien. You're going to make your stitches rip If you keep doing that." Damien stops and says "I know, Mia." Damien gets an Idea and says "Hold on." Damien calls Linda. She picks up the phone and says "Hello?" 

Damien says "Aunt Linda, I have a problem." She says "What's the problem?" Damien says "I can feel my wings but they aren't coming out." She says "That's a problem." Damien says "You think." Linda says "Ok, The last time something like this happened was your dad." Damien says "My dad had the same problem. No wonder why I have issues. How do I fix it." Linda says "Well, The last time it happened, Your dad felt he wasn't ready to be God." 

Damien says "Ok, So what could be wrong with me?" Linda says "Maybe, You now feel in your subconscious that you don't deserve Mia, And now your wings won't pop out because of it." Damien says "That's Ridiculous, Why would I feel like I don't deserve Mia?" Mia looks at him hoping that is not true. Damien stands there in silence thinking that he doesn't deserve her. Linda says "I'm thinking you found the answer." 

Damien says "Yeah, I did. Thanks, Aunt Linda." Damien ends the call and begins to think. Mia looks at him and says "You don't think you deserve me?" Damien looks at her and a tear runs down his face and he says "Yes, I do." Damien turns around and looks out the broken window. Mia walks overturns his head towards her and cups his cheeks and says "But You are, Damien. I love you."

Damien smiles and says "That's it. I think I don't deserve you because I feel unworthy of you." William says "And if you feel unworthy, Because of something?" Damien says "I feel unworthy because of what I used to be." Mia says "And that was?" Damien says "A man whore. I dated a lot of women in High School, and I ran into an old girlfriend when I went on a walk with Charlie and she said 'You aren't the sticking around type'. If I feel like I'm unworthy because..." 

William interrupts and says "Because you feel like you'll hurt her if you go back to being what you were. And You don't want to hurt her." Damien says "That's it." Mia looks at them confused and says "Damien, Then don't go back to what you used to be If you truly care about me." Damien says "And If I realized that, That means my wings might come out now." 

Damien flexes and his wings pop out. Mia says "You felt Unworthy because of what you used to be?" Damien says "Yes, But I think that with your help. I'll be better." Mia Smiles and hugs Damien, he says "Well, Let's go back to L.A." Mia smiles and hugs William. Mia walks over and Damien picks her up bridal style. Damien flies off back to L.A.

Back at the Penthouse, In Los Angeles

Damien flies onto the Balcony and flexes to make his wings go away. He puts Mia down, She wraps her arms around him, He wraps his arms around her waist and Damien says "You ok?" Mia says "Yeah, I am." Damien says "Good, I love you. Even If I don't feel Worthy." Mia smiles and says "Good, 'cause I'm not going anywhere." They go to the bed and sleep. Mia still awake hears Damien's wings form a cocoon around them, She smiles and goes to sleep.