Prologue

Raine was awoken by the sound of her music, suddenly sounding louder, the sound of "Haus of Holbein" from her SIX album on loop still playing. She adored music and tended to fall asleep to whatever she was fixated on at the time. 

When she opened her eyes she saw her phone RIGHT nest to her face, blinding her with light. 

She assumed in her sleep she must have hit her phone off the table making it land close to her face. Its bright screen illuminated. And strangely, her computer still left on. The screen was bright enough to not be able to read or see from a distance, just blinding light. 

Raine grumbled, her eyes already straining from the light of her phone. She was too lazy to shut it off and just sat there in self sabotage for a few moments.

Eventually, she sat up. Determined to shut off her computer and phone and head back to bed. Looking at her phone screen it read 4:50 am. Raine was only gaming until 10 minutes ago, then crawled into bed. Okay, she did enjoy gaming. It maybe was an addiction at this point. She was used to gaming until 4 am. 

Raine rolled her eyes at the thought of her computer being on all night. It wasn't the worst thing to happen, as it had before, but her mother would NOT be so happy with her. Raine hit the power button and watched as it turned dark. 

Music still played as the phone wasn't completely powered off. The song instead switched to another song in the album. She hummed to the lyrics of the song while she slid off her bed. Heading to the computer to view the screen, she rubbed her face to wake up more and set her eyes on the screen. On it was a otome game. With a slight smile she looked at the title, remembering it had a special place in her heart, titled with a cute name , a little heart next to it "Friendchips". 

Like most otome games, there was a mc, who was normally named saku, but the game was still indeed a self insert so it would go as a different name if inputted.

 It had MLs and villainess. Also set in a fantasy world, with princes, nobles, etc. You get the memo. And in a school of magic, where the mc meets the MLs and the villainess. You may ask, why would anyone like a repeat of every otome game ever? Well here's the thing, which caught many people line and sinker. The game had amazing visuals and character designs.. but the MLs were absolute backstabbers. 

First of all, the crown prince of the game is an absolute narcissist who loves to collect ladies as "prizes" to his ego. Any girl who seemed like a challenge, aka who didn't like him or didn't want to have a man who didn't understand consent, he would run after them like a game. 

If you were playing the game the way to win his route is too either stroke his ego repeatedly, picking every choice to worship him, then he would let you in. If you repeatedly ran away he would pursue you like a hawk and unless you were on another route, the entitled son of a... would KIDNAP you and demand your hand. 

Only way to avoid him was to just answer him some right, some wrong, to end up with neutral points. He is the first capture target, and only doesn't pursue you (if you answer to many choices right) by being on his brother, the second princes route.

Speak of the devil, the second prince is also a nightmare. He acts like a saint and a normal guy, just trying to be your friend. My least favorite! In his route, he on the surface was a normal capture target. Had an event where he would pick up your books for you, and complain to his brother for not helping such a fair lady like you. 

He would act normal until small events would happen, he would guilt trip the mc subtly in his texts. Then, if you had made his brother run after you, he would "fight" his brother for you, and come back to you crying, all beat up and proclaim you owed him now and to take his hand. Or he would let his brother get you. He would CONSTANTLY manipulate you and say he saved you, and his brother would go after you if you leave him. And oh yeah, later in the route, he would cheat on you. Such a... anyways.