A choice by luck (Female Reader)

A request by @KaykenzCholas

Peter x Female Reader

Sorry it took so long and I hope it's to your liking ^^

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You barely spoke with anyone, after some stupid child in your elementary school thought it would be fun to hit your throat. Ever since then, you had trouble speaking and if you did, most found it annoying to hear your raspy voice. You became afraid to speak with anyone, so after your parents went to a doctor with you, they told you a good method would be to let destiny decide if you should speak with someone or not. Giving you a random coin, you should flip. Letting head and tails decide if you should speak with someone or not.

And it really helped you.

After going to college, you did the same like usual, only talking with others if the coin decided it for you. Lucy, your roommate, was at first surprised, but she said she saw crazier things and if you enjoy yourself like this, she won't say anything against it. You also do the same at your job, in the diner. The customers only are confused when you don't talk, but they don't care enough to get mad over it.

Today, you have a day off and just sit in your favorite spot in the park, far away from the jogging track and enjoying the peace and quietness. You shut your eyes for a moment, smiling a little to yourself. 'This feels nice ... I wish I could stay here all day, but ... I probably shouldn't. Lucy might be worried if I don't return home at night.' You hum and open your eyes again, when you feel a weight pushing the bench more down next to you. Looking to the side, you are surprised to see a stranger being right next to you. He wears a dark blue shirt with his sleeves pushed up over his elbows, a black vest with a hood over it and black pants. He glance awkward away, smiling a little nervous.

"Um ... h-hey."

You stare at him in silence, before pulling your coin out. For a moment, you aren't sure if you should even flip it, before you shake your head a little and flip the coin up. You catch the coin once gravity pulls it down, turning it onto the back of your hand and looking what Lady Luck decided for you. " ... Hello." You say with a calm voice, before putting the coin back into your pocket.

The stranger has a rosy red blush on his cheeks, before glancing nervous to the side. "I was wondering why you're sitting all alone here. So far from the jogging track..." He rubs the back of his neck a little awkward.

"Well, it's really quiet here and I enjoy it." You say softly, looking down to your hands.

He hums and smiles a little. "I see. Um ... I know this is sudden, very sudden, but if you are free tonight, can I have the pleasure in taking you out for dinner?"

Now, you look very surprised, yet dumbfounded at him. This came very sudden, like he said. You never got asked out, since you came off as a weirdo and cold whenever you only talked with someone by flipping your coin. Yet, this person seems to be even weirder than you.

"Um ... why?" You ask clearly confused, looking at him again.

He blush softly and glance away again. "W-Well ... I'm your boyfriend." You pause and stare at him now with a blank expression. "Isn't that ... why you're here?" He looks now at you a bit confused.

You aren't sure what to say to this.

Taking a moment of awkward silence, you take out your coin again to decide what to do. 'If it's head, I'll run away as fast as I can. If it's tail, I'll accept his request to see where this is going.' Unfortunately, after relying to the coin most of your life, you often make important decisions like this, if it's not a life and death situation.

You flip the coin and once it tells you what to do, you sigh softly. 'Oh well then...' "Sure, we can go out to eat something. If you want, we can go now."

The strange man perks up and seems happy to hear your answer, making you smile a little. It seems like the coin was right about giving you tail. "S-Sure! Let's go now!" He says a bit too excited and gets off the bench. You get off as well and start to walk with him to the exit of the park. "S-So um ... where do you want to go?"

"Well ... we can eat wherever you want." You say with a small smile. He nods a bit excited and looks nervous down.

Seems like you both will have a lot to talk about.