What is Their Story?

I have lost interest in love since he left me, he left me devastated and alone with this broken heart so I decided and leave all the pain behind and came to Priemton to start a new life where no one knows me except me.

Man - "Hello, are you Raina?"

Raina - "Yes...that's me...how do you know it's me?"

Man - "Well this town is quite small and the only person who I do not recognize is you and the office there sent me your picture"

He took out his phone with the picture I took with my only close bestie left Kin.

Man -"I am Ris your guide for today so are you hungry? want to grab a bite to eat? or straight to your apartment that the company had provided for you?"

He is quite a friendly guy, and right away I felt comfortable with him and I was quite hungry the food on the plane did not satisfy me enough.

Raina - "Maybe a bite to eat then..."

Ris - "Alright what do you want to eat?"

Raina - "I don't know...surprise me"

Ris - "Oh...do you eat spicy food?"

Raina - "I think I can handle them"

Ris - "Alright..."

I think I saw him grin when he was lifting my bags to the trunk of his SUV, what was that all about?

When we arrive at the place he brought me to eat I let him order for me as I was not really that familiar yet with the place. When it arrive I start to it at first I did not sense any spice from the food but after a while, I could the overwhelming feeling around my mouth it felt like my lips are swelling.

Raina - "Oh my god!"

I took the soda that I ordered and nearly half of it was gone.

Raina - "Are you trying to kill me?!"

Ris - "HAHAHA..."

He just burst to laugh.

Ris - "You said you could handle some spicy"

Raina - "I am but not this kind of spicy"

I was struggling but manages to finish the food, it was a crazy spicy but still delicious kind of spicy. Ris was still smiling when we left I was annoyed but that didn't bother me that much I think I just made my first friend here, I told him to take me home I was still jetlag and I needed to rest luckily it is Sunday tomorrow I could unpack and maybe take a rest.

Ris - "So what made you want to accept this job?"

Raina - "Why do you ask?"

Ris - "It's just rare for a city people to come here and this place is..."

Raina - "Quite?"

Ris - "Well boring..."

Raina - "Why do you say that? I think it is peaceful"

Ris - "The only people who come here are retirees, big families, and someone who wants to run away from something"

I did not respond to his question he just hits the spot with the last guess hit the spot, I don't know him well for me to open up.

Ris - "Sorry if I overstep..."

Raina - "It's fine but I am not going to answer that..."

Ris - "Sure I will keep quiet for now"

I couldn't handle Benjy kept coming back to my place begging to get back together, I do love him but to accept him back I could not do it, the scene kept playing back in my mind whenever he is around me so I took this job which came up out of the blue just to get away from him. I think this is for the best for both of us, and I am sure he will realize it after this and lives me alone.