Unwanted

A  month ago.

Kin's POV

I hope she would accept this offer or the business I have there will be a flop and since she made a dish from there that made her win, I am sure the locals there would want to try it themselves. Since these few weeks, she seems to be unhappy here maybe a change of environment might cheer her up a bit.

'Knock knock'

Kin - "Come in!"

Wonder who is it?

The door opens and Raina Buttons comes in with a depressed expression, what is going on with her?

Raina - "Do you have time?"

Kin - "As a matter of fact yes I do...please sit and tell me what is in your mind?"

She sat down and gave her time to be comfortable and waited for her to open up with me.

Raina - "I want to quit"

Wow, that took me by surprise.

Kin - "Wait, where did that come from? why?"

Raina - "It's personal"

Kin - "Come on Rai we have known for quite some time now and you going to give that reason? you need to do better than that you know"

She became silent for some time luckily I was free for the whole day today which is a rare thing to happen, Raina is like a sister to me since Lia is now working away from me we seldom talk now because of her work, having her around made me remember all the time if only they could be together that would be amazing but of course, Lia is straight and so Raina. They would fit perfectly together I see a bit of similarity between both of them, Ah my wishful thinking is getting the better of me.

I suddenly heard a sobbing coming from her, is she crying? I didn't even say a word, damn I am not that good at dealing with a woman crying except when they are in bed with me.

Kin - "Whoa! sorry was it something I said?"

Raina - "No, it's Leon he cheated"

Kin - "What but yesterday you guys were as lovey-dovey as any couple could get, what why how?"

I can't help but say that all at once, so she began to open up and told me everything about how she kept finding him wearing women's perfume, didn't pick up her calls with a reason he was busy with work, even the weekends he would say he was working out of the city, and he never texted her like when they first dated. Girl that is a clear sign that your partner is cheating on you, love is blind but now her eyes are open and she doesn't want to work because Leon keeps on coming here to see her, apologizing and wanting her back but that was not even the worst part, the guy was cheating with her best friend who she had known since high school.

I went to beep my secretary and told her not to let anyone come in and I went to lock the door I needed to comfort her, she looked so frail and seeing her like a sister I got the urge to comfort her like a big sister if this was Lia I would do the same thing.

When she finally calmed down, I discussed with her the plans I had for her, and as she did I went back to my seat and gave her the letter that my secretary had just finished writing for me to give Raina.

Raina - "What is this?"

Kin - "A job offer, well, in other words, it's a transfer and a promotion, we have a restaurant there in dire need of help and you are my first choice, it's a waste to let you and I like you Raina I don't want to lose my best chef"

Raina - "Head chef? Are you serious?"

Kin - "Yes I saw how you work, and when the head chef was not around you handled yourself nicely, and your communication skill is an additional bonus so since there is nothing here holding you back and you surely don't want to see Leon and Mandy anymore, and this is a step up for you and you will be the companies youngest head chef...well you can th..."