The Attraction

Raina POV

I don't know what was going on with the woman but I took the girl with me so she don't have to see this scene, it might traumatise her.

Raina - "Hey... what's your name?"

The girl was crying uncontrollably and it was kinda hard for her to talk, what a way to start a conversation.

Raina - "Come here..."

I took the girl in and hugged her, trying my best to comfort her hoping that would calm her down, I look over at Lia she was still taking care of the woman and to my surprise everyone around was so helpful, and did whatever she asked and got everything rather quickly some of course are on their phones recording everything and I overheard them saying if anyone knows who she is and told them to call the next of kin. Sometimes social media is good for that and I hope someone would come for her and the child, she is not more than five years old would be my guess. I hope someone would come soon I felt helpless not knowing how to calm this girl, to her I am just a stranger.

Around 15 minutes the ambulance came and watching Lia how tentative she is with her patient kind of inspired me, she must have loved her job to be this passionate about it.

Ris - "Miss Raina, I will escort you to the hospital..."

Ris came and told me that but why do I have to go?

Raina - "Hospital? but why?"

He gestures to the girl who is now asleep in my arms after all tired out with the crying.

Ris - "We need to bring the girl with us...maybe there will be someone who would know her"

I stroke the girl's hair, look at her she has a cute face when she is sleeping this peacefully.

Raina - "Your right..."

Ris went on carrying her and I followed behind him towards the car which was waiting for us, I went inside the back seat first then Ris puts the girl who is still half awake and half asleep with me, I lay her with her head on my lap. What a cute girl.

On our way, the girl woke up and my thought was she would cry so loud as she was awake looking at a stranger instead she seems to be comfortable, so I took the chance now that she is has calm down and tries to talk to her.

Raina - "Hey...What's your name?"

Girl - "I should not talk to a stranger..."

She begin to be in defensive mode which I don't blame her, we barely knew each other.

Raina - "Ok but I want to help you, if you don't tell me your name I am afraid that would be difficult to do"

How adorable, she puts on her thinking face.

Girl - "Okay...my name is Suzanna..."

Raina - "Okay is it only Suzanna?"

Girl - "No...you didn't tell me your name first!"

She surprise me with her pitched tone, Be patient Raina you are talking with a child.

Raina - "Alright, my full name is Raina Cotton...and what is yours?"

Suzanna - "Ga...Grab...Garbe!"

Raina - "See that was not so hard..."

From there we start talking she tells me so many things about what her interest is and what her family are like, in the back of my head I swear the name Garbe sounded so familiar...

I was so focused on the girl she became so talkative as she starts to warm up to you, and her eyes spark when we talk about her interest in books, not some child books but more like adult books, something a five-year-old should not be into.