Boring Nether, Exciting Overworld

Another boring day of my life wasted away... Michael thought as he made his way through the fortress on his way to Mrs. and Mr. Blaze's house.

They were always courteous people even though they were literal beings made of destruction.

He knocked at the archway as he saw them sip on tea and their orbs of fire fall upon him.

"Well hello dearie, we were just about to start story time with the other little piglins," she said, as the babies began oinking with coos and giggles at the sight of Michael.

Michael just nodded his head.

"Alright young one, let me tell you about the story of a magical place, one filled with unbelievable sights." Michael just scoffed.

He was always gonna remain here in the nether. There was no such thing as another world or dimension in that matter.
He decided to listen anyway.

"This place is known as....the Over World."

Huh, sounds mysterious....no! It's just some dumb stupid fairytale...
he told himself.

"Oh this place was like no other. It had Luscious, nourished fungus and blue and green gold worth more than any golden item we have here. 70% of the world is covered in blue lava! There are even ghast that vibrate their throats instead of shrieking and go 'BAAAAA'"

The other piglins cooed and with oohs and awes as Michael got invested into the story the more he listened to it.

"It is said that the only way to access this world is to step through the Nether Portal. An obsidian rectangle that can be lit up by fire and glows a ravenous purple."
"Oooh!" the babies oinked simultaneously.

Michaell was intrigued.
He could hardly imagine a place like this one.

Blue lava? Healthy fungus? Baaing ghasts?

He just squealed at the thought of a life better than this.
He longed for adventure and this could be his chance to get it. He just needed to find opportunity and wait for it to strike.

After the babies fell asleep, Michael strolled up to Mr. Blaze.

"Mr. Blaze....I was wondering something...." he looked at Michael.
"Yes Michael?" he asked.

"Is the overworld real? Or is it another one of your fictional fairy tales?"
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mrs. Blaze stare down her husband, like there was something she didn't want him to tell Michael.

"Uh....n-no it's one of my fairytales....." he nervously chuckled, his rods shaking a bit. Michael raised an eyebrow as he looked him square in the eyes.

After moments of awkward silence, Michael sighed dramatically and looked towards Mrs Blaze.

Alright this is awkward-

"It's not a fairytale...is it?"
He confirmed his suspicions the moment he saw Mrs. Blaze mouth open with no sound, he knew it was real.

"Yes...it is real....but I don't want you getting any ideas, We know how you get..." he said.

"But that's an adventure! That's what I've been looking for! That means some fun and not rotting myself away here..."
He argued back but Mrs. Blaze had had enough.

"Michael we may not be your parents but you will never go there, understand?"
Michael felt the venom beneath her tone and settled down.

Her face softened as she saw the little piglin's ears droop in sorrow.

"It's not safe Michael....I don't even know if the climate is suitable for your type...."

She floated towards him and put one of her rods on his shoulder.