Basil and Sunny

Kels pov:

I woke up to the sound of a scream, I instantly get out of my sleeping bag and run to polly. When I get to her I see her standing by Basil's door, shocked and crying.

"Polly?! What's wrong? what happened?" I ask.
"Basil.." She says breathing heavily. I look over to his door and see that it is slightly open. I turn to his door and slowly open it cautiously looking in.

I look around the dark room and I see Basil, in the corner of the room.

I put a hand over my mouth and gasp. Tears start pouring down my face as I stare at Basil in the corner of the room, why did it have to end this way? I try to step into his room but polly grabs my wrist and pulls me back, so I start sobbing as I close the door. "Why did he do this.." she says through her sobs.

I sit on the floor and put my head in my knees and sob even more when all of a sudden Aubrey and Hero both come running in to see what's going on.

"What's going on?!" Says Aubrey. "Is everybody okay?" Asks Hero.

"it's Basil.." I say, not lifting my head up from my knees

"h-he's.. he committed suicide. He stabbed himself with his gardening sheers and he's gone" polly says quickly trying to get the words out while still sobbing.

Aubrey puts a hand to her mouth and tears roll down her face. Hero looks shocked and also starts crying "he.. what..?" Says Hero.

Aubrey feels terrible, and blames herself for bullying him for so long. Hero is so upset by Basil's death and tries to hold back his tears.

Sunny then walks into the hallway, confused. He walks up to hero and hero tells him he should go home and that he shouldn't be seeing this as he is supposed to move away tomorrow.

He looks confused and doesn't listen. He walks up to the door and slowly turns the handle, slowly opening the door to look in.

He hesitates for a second before fully opening the door. He looks around the room and sees Basil in the corner, realising what has happened he immediately feels guilty for not trying to save him and going back to sleep.

Sunny closes the door and runs back to his house quickly.

_______________
Sunny's pov. |
_______________

I run back to my house feeling guilty, knowing I could've saved him. And now he was gone. And it was all my fault. Again. I go to the kitchen and grab the knife on the counter. I walk upstairs to the bathroom and look in the mirror. She's there. I run to my room and try to go to sleep.

I wake up in white space once again, I look around the room for a minute, before realising there is nothing I can do this time. Nowhere to go. I pull out my knife, and stab myself.

I suddenly snap back to reality, realising exactly what I have done.

___________
Kels pov. |
___________

I go to Sunny's house the next day to check on him before he left.

*knock knock* "Sunny? are you in there!? It's me, Kel!" But There was no response. "Sunny! I know you're upset about Basil, I am too but please come down! I was to say goodbye before you have to leave for your new house!" There was no response, so I let myself in. Besides, I didn't think he would mind that much.

"SUNNY? SUUUNNNYYYY?! Where are you sunny!?" I walked upstairs to his room and knocked the door again. "Sunny? You in there?" I said as I opened the door. "SUNNY! OH MY GOD SUNNY!"

I run over to his bed. Tears rolling down my cheeks. I was too late. Sunny had stabbed himself and he was gone. He was gone forever. "Please let this be a nightmare.." I cried. I grab his hand and I sob into his chest. The blood hadnt fully dried up and it stuck to my hand, but I didn't care. I just wanted Sunnt back.

"Sunny.." I whisper into his ear, tears still pouring down my cheeks. "Sunny you can't die.. you just can't.." I look around his room, the tears in my eyes making it a blur. I turn to Sunny and I can see him clearly. His chest is peirced by the knife and I start sobbing even more.

I stare up at Sunny and his eyes are open. I close them for him and he instantly looks more peaceful. I kiss his forehead lightly and keep sobbing.

his mum was waiting outside for him. He was supposed to be moving away today. He was supposed to move away and visit us. But now he's gone. And he won't come back.

I picked up the phone next to his bed and I called the ambulance. I knew there was nothing more they could do anymore but I still refused to believe it.

"911 what's your emergency?" The phone said back. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. "I.." "my friend.. Sunny.." "he's.. he stabbed himself with a knife" I cried. I gave them the address and they came as soon as they could.

When they got here Sunny's mum ran in and sat by his bed. She began to cry too. "Sunny its going to be okay, you'll be okay.." his mum said panicked.

One of the ambulance people turned to Sunny's mum and said "I'm sorry miss, there's nothing we can do for him anymore, it's too late. He's gone."

"No. No he's going to be okay. He has to be.. please.. I cant lose anybody else this way.. please. Please help him" I say

2 people walk up to his bed and lift sunny up, ready to take him away. Sunny isn't dead. He can't be dead. He wouldn't leave me like this.. He wouldn't. I ran up to the ambulance people. " PLEASE HE CANT DIE HE ISNT DEAD HE WOULDNT LEAVE ME LIKE THIS PLEASE" I cried.

A familiar arm pulls me back. Hero. "Kel.. it's too late." Hero says. I turn to him and he has tears in his eyes, though he tries to hold them back.

"He can't be dead.. he can't.." I say. Hero puts his hands over my eyes and hugs me tight and the ambulance people take Sunny away. I didn't realise this would be the last few days I'd ever see him. I didn't get to tell him how much he meant to me. Maybe if I did he wouldn't be dead.

"I'm sorry Sunny..I'm so sorry.." I whisper through my tears