Chapter 15

Josephine

Disclaimer: Smut ;)

I haven't had time to see Jack since Florida, and I'll admit I do miss his physical presence, but so much of his energy is in the music I'm writing it feels like he's right beside me. We call after his morning skate, and practice but other than that I've been stuck in the studio writing anything that comes to mind.

"Our secret moments in your crowded room. They got no idea about me and you." I came up with this after his hand brushed mine at the party we were stuck in. Right before my dad had introduced himself to him. 

And honestly, the song is pretty horny and I'm not sure if I'll release it but I really like the way it sounds. I was too tired to grab my phone from the restroom so I just grabbed the closest pen and paper. I wrote this song on a napkin once Jack left to go get some dinner with his friends.

"All of this silence and patience, pining in anticipation, my hands are shaking from holding back from you. All of this silence and patience, pining and desperately waiting, my hands are shaking from all this. Say my name and everything just stops. I don't want you like a best friend. Only bought this dress so you could take it off." 

That's all I got for that song for now, which I've named 'Dress' since it's about the black dress I picked out so Jack would notice me. I'd like to think he'd notice me even if I wasn't wearing a sexy outfit, but the farther I am from him the more insecurity seeps into my life about us. 

Another song I've come up with has no title just yet but it sounds a bit corny especially since I referred to sex as a kingdom inside my room, making me second-guess myself. "Ugh is too fucking corny, or is it good?" I yell at myself, only coming up with a few lyrics for the song, so it's not enough to judge it, but I don't want to write a full shitty song if that part alone is shitty. 

"I'm perfectly fine, I live on my own. I made up my mind, I'm better off being alone. We met a few weeks ago. Now you try on calling me, baby, like trying on clothes." This is probably one of the better parts of the song, which I wrote on the flight home. I like this as the beginning but the more I write ideas the more I just scratch them off the page.

I groan at my inability to write something I like but I know that if I keep beating myself up with lyrics I won't want to write the song anymore, and it'll turn my fun hobby into a dreadful chore. I push myself away from my desk and check my phone to see it's 3:00 meaning I should probably start getting ready for tonight's game.

For tonight I decide to wear my dad's old jersey with thigh-high boots. I know I'll probably freeze my ass off in this outfit but I saw someone wear something similar and I wanted to try it out. 

Jack💋: Can I stop by very quickly?

Josie❤️: Sure:) missed you

Jack💋: Missed you too, babe

I bite my lip at the pet name and the fact that he missed me too, but don't let it distract me from getting ready. By the time Jack knocks on my door, I'm all done with my makeup. I run to the front door, opening it to see the prettiest boy with the prettiest flowers in his hand. 

My favorite kind of flower, tulips. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into me. "Hey, baby." He chuckles, rubbing the back of my head and pressing a comforting kiss to the top of my head. "Hi, pretty boy." I smile against his shoulder. 

I pull away from him, accepting the flowers he brought me and letting him into my house. I put the flowers in a vase and walk back over to him. He squats down slightly, wrapping his hands around my thighs to pick me up. I wrap my legs around his waist, letting my hands cradle his face. He leans in to press a sweet kiss to my lips, but I have other plans.