Chapter 3| The Hooded Stranger

Where was darkness, there was a feeling of nothingness, Kenz felt as if he was floating in space, or in an endless body of water such as an ocean, and not being able to distinguish which way was upward, but then out in the distance, was a very fei...

Where was darkness, there was a feeling of nothingness, Kenz felt as if he was floating in space, or in an endless body of water such as an ocean, and not being able to distinguish which way was upward, but then out in the distance, was a very feint light, there was a woman with yellow hair, a man holding a sword, and a small orange elf.

As Kenz approached closer and closer, he could hear a slightly audible whisper coming from that direction "Kenz... Kenz... Kenz...", It grew louder and louder, but then, there was a flashing blinding light, his back felt cold and solid, there were two faces in front of him, "Kenz... Kenz... wake up!" it was Faulton.

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake, what's gotten into you?" Nicky asks, clearly in a concerned manner.

"I- I" stuttered Kenz.

"Come on..." Faulton utters as he offers a hand, Kenz takes it and manages to get back to his feet.

"You were gone for like an hour, I think, we were worried so we came to look for you, we thought you left..." Nicky explained with her arms crossed with a worried expression.

"What about the-" Kenz tried to ask but was interrupted.

"Oh, don't worry, we finished the projects, including yours... We made use of the time we had while waiting for you," Faulton explains as she shifts his weight.

"Dude, are you feeling alright?" Nicky asked, "What happened? How long have you been lying on the floor?", she was now more worried than ever.

Kenz nods and clears his throat, he glanced around to make sure they were not heard, once he was certain, he unfolds the whole story to the two, explaining what happened, from the moment he left to return the book to the stranger, having seen the book to be the same as the one he was reading earlier, as well as how the strangee disappeared into thin air.

"Dude, that really happened?"

"Hm, that sounds so weird,"

"You don't believe me, do you?" Kenz questioned them, "Yeah, you can say I'm crazy, or that I'm hallucinating, but I'm certain of what I saw," he sighs.

"NO, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT" Faulton and Nicky says in unison.

"Dude... It's just, it's too much to take in, are you sure what you saw was exactly what you saw?" Nicky bites her lip and changes her position, clearly uncomfortable now.

"Yeah, it could be a misunderstanding, or maybe..." Faulton tries to reason, the two were looking at him very seriously, taking in what he's saying, "You know what, forget it, I trust Kenz's senses," he finalizes.

"Hey Kenz, I must remind you that you're colorblind, maybe it's just your vision that's playing with you," Nicky says sarcastically.

"Ha ha, yeah, as if—well, two points... First point, my colorblindness is just Protanopia, I can very well see other colours just fine, just not that vivid, compared to your eyesight. Second point... It has nothing to do with my eyesight, given the fact that the book, the fainting, and the darkness is way too unexplainable," Kenz shakes his head.

"Sheesh, that's way too crazy, I—I don't even know how to comprehend all this," Faulton says rubbing his head.

"Let's just forget all this for now, and call it a day, since you guys finished all our projects already..."

"Yeah, let's get our minds off of it," Nicky agrees.

The three went on their way, took their projects, and placed it inside their backpacks, ready to wrap up the day.

"Hey guys, I owe you one, thanks for finishing the model for me, I really appreciate it," Kenz exchanged glances with the two.

"Yeah, it's the least we could do for helping us with our homeworks last time," Faulton utters as he casually slings his backpack over his shoulder as usual.

"Heck, you're like our human dictionary or something," Nicky shares as she glanced at the two.

They all had a laugh as they made their way across the town, having just left the public library.

Kenz still can't take his mind off of what just happened, the hooded stranger, the book, everything, it was all so weird and riddiculous.

As he looks at the other side of the road, his skin immediately caught goosebumps, right in front of them, stood the very same hooded stranger from before, and Kenz was sure of it.

"Guys!" Kenz gets the attention of the two, who seem to be busy arguing about who gets to buy the other some Robux.

But, as a bus passes by, the hooded figure disappeared along with it.

"Yeah?" Nicky asked.

Kenz stood rooted to the spot, his mind running blank of what just happened right in front of them.

"Let's hury up, I saw the same figure from before, it's them, I know it," Kenz ushered them, with a loud beating heart.

"Chill, what's going on?" Faulton asked.

"Let's hurry up, I think we're being watched..."

"Dude!" Nicky says loudly in a worried tone.

Then, after a while, standing in front of them, fifteen meters away, was the same hooded person, this time the three of them saw it, and the appearance of the said figure immediately sent chills down their spines.

The three of them stood frozen at the sight, their muscles don't seem to be cooperating, because of the fear they could not move their feet.

"RUN!" Kenz explains as he grabs the two by their arms, running in a narrow alleyway, in between the buildings of the town.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!" Nicky urged them, "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

"Oh, shut up Nick, stop your whining!" Faulton says.

"Quick! This way!" Kenz leads them in a sharp turn, taking a few lefts and rights, until, there was no more turns to take, it was a dead end, in front of them was an old tire, a huge rubbish dumpster, and a pile of bricks.

A shadow was approaching, growing bigger and bigger.

"It's getting close! Hurry, in this bin!" Kenz urges the two.

"Gross! I'm not getting in that thing!" Nicky says.

"Oh just get in, Nic!" Faulton says as he pushes and shoves Nicky inside, "Well... Ladies first, I guess?" he shrugged at Kenz.

Kenz snickers with a slight laugh, and then proceeds in after the two, it was total darkness, upon entering the bin, they did not felt the bottom at all, in fact, it felt like it was never ending.

"What the—" Faulton gasped, clearly stupefied about it.

"I told you! We're going to die!"

"Oh quiet down, Nic!" Faulton says.

In the darkness they kept falling, it felt endless, it felt bizzare.

And then, within that endless falling and darkness, they finally fell on something, there was a huge bright light and— BAM.