Chapter 16| A Desperate Battle

"THE NERVE!" yelled Nicky, furious at the sight of the pirate

"The audacity of you to show yourself to the people who trusted you! And you stabbed them right at the back!", She said as she slaps Arwin hard in the face.

"How dare you!" screamed Nicky with tearful eyes.

"Enough! Guards take this rat away, and make sure he's chained!" commanded Queen Jasmine.

But the only reaction Arwin have was insane laughter, he laughs manically, "Yer doomed! All of you lot are!, The Lord of Darkness! The Vengeful Dragon! The resurrector of the dead! He's coming and yer all going to die mercilessly!" Laughed the pirate.

"Oh, he's going to wipe you out, he knows where you are and he's on his way!" laughed the pirate.

"SHUT UP OR I'LL KILL YOU!" yelled Faulton, breathing heavily ready to strike Arwin, he was in pure anger and fury.

"Faulton stop, this is not the warriors' way," said Gavin, trying to restrain him.

And in an instant, Kenz recalls the words of the evil Mage's speech echoed in his head, "How shameful, such warriors trying to gain strength for personal gains, how warriors of this world are deluded of their own arrogance." echoed the voice of the evil mage in repetition.

"Hear yee! Hear yee! The queen has an announcement!", Yelled a male fairy, trying to get the attention of the panicking crowd.

"My people! Let us not give up hope, in midst of fear we cloud our own minds in darkness, keep alert and light will guide us!", The queen tells her people, trying to grab their attention and lift their spirits.

Children were crying, guards are preparing and one by one people are starting to gather up around the queen.

Just as Arwin is departing in chains,  guided by fairy guards he shouts something, "Master Dwade is coming and he will wipe out your entire army in a blink of an eye! Mark my words!—", only to be cut off by the guard, tugging his chains, "Quiet down prisoner, you're creating too much fuss,"

Nicky was shocked, "Isn't Dwade the—"

"Yes, it was him who led the the Evil Mage into my village... And it also happens to be him who sided with the Dragon, he's controlling the tides behind the shadows, manipulating and the direction of the undead soldiers as well as gathering intelligence from foes. A true mastermind behind the pawns.", Gavin interrupted.

"Yes, Gavin. I believe he's living up to his master's ideology. Mimicking his movements and sharing the same beliefs, motivation and a primary goal," Mertha shared as Queen Jasmine starts rounding up the troops.

"Let's win this fight," Faulton exlaims in enthusiasm and motivation,

"For Nickarzan," Kenz added.