Chapter 3

"I love you and that's the beginning and end of everything" -F.Scott Fitzgerald

Kaylee's POV

  I woke up early today so I had time to make breakfast. So I made some scrambled eggs, waffles, and bacon. When everything was done I put them on a plate and opened my fridge and got a water.
    When everything was done I walked to the living room and sat on the couch. I started eating. I heard the front door open.
    "You got up early" I saw Alyssa walking in with two coffee's in her hand. "I should applaud but I have drinks in my hand" she handed me one of them and set the other one down.
    She started clapping. "Now I don't" I smiled. "I hate you" she sat down beside me. "I know you do" we both laughed this time.
    "So what happened with that guy from Friday night" I took a sip from my coffee. "What guy" I questioned. I knew who she was talking about but I didn't want to talk about that.
    "You know who I am talking about and we are talking about it" I rolled my eyes.
    "We slept together but then when I woke up he was gone" I said. "You thought that men stay after a one night stand"
    "Well I thought he was different" I said. "And that's what you said on your last boyfriend who was an asshole" she said.
    I grabbed my phone and checked the time. "Oh it looks like we have to go" I got up and put my plate in the sink. And I put my water bottle in the fridge.
     When we got to school we went our separate ways. Once I got everything done the kids started coming in. I saw that Lily and Luke wasn't here yet. So I asked the other kids to read while we wait.
"Sorry we are late" I looked over at the door and saw the guy from Friday. "It's fine" the kids ran to there seats. "Have a good day" he said. I waved to him and I started teaching the class.
The kids were playing with there stuff I was sitting in my shake doing nothing. I looked over at the kids and saw that Lily was sitting alone again. I know she said she didn't want friends but I couldn't see her sitting alone any more. So I walked over to her.
"Can I please find you a friend" she looked up from her book and shook her head. "Please I can't see you sitting here alone" she took a few minutes to think about it.
     "Ok" she stood up and grabbed my hand. I smiled at her and started walking. I walked to two girls. "Hey, Olivia and Selena" they looked up at me. I bent down and sat in front of them. "This is Lily" they looked at her and smiled.
     "She needs a friend" I said. "Hello" Olivia waved at her. Lily didn't say anything only waved. "You want to be friends" Selena said. Lily looked at me and I nodded to her. She walked away from me and sat beside them.
     I smiled at them and walked away. The whole recess time I kept looking over at them. After a few minutes it was finally time to started class again.
     It was the end of the school day and kids started leaving one by one.  I thought everyone was away I stood up and saw Lily and Luke standing in front of my desk. "I though y'all left" they shook there head.
     Before I could saw something Nathan walked through the door. "Sorry I was talking to Alyssa" he said. The kids ran and grabbed there bag. "I have a question" I turned to look at him. "Is your friend single" I laughed.
     "Very" the kids ran and hugged me. "Bye Kaylee" they said I'm unison. "Bye see y'all tomorrow" they grabbed Nathan's hand and they walked out. I sat at my desk waiting for Alyssa. But after a few minutes she didn't come so I packed my things and left.
     I decided to stop by a Mc Donald's. When I got my food I walked the rest of the way home.
     When I got home I saw Alyssa. "Really" she looked up from her phone. "I sensed that you would get food" she took the Mc Donald's bag from my hand. "I knew you would be here so I got you some food too"
     "You know me so well" she took her food out of the bag. I sat down beside her and started eating my food too.

Ash's POV

I was sitting on the couch when I heard the front door open. I knew who it was so I didn't get up. The kids ran to me and jumped on my lap. "Daddy" I laughed and got up. "How was school" I said. "Lily made new friends" I looked over at Lily.
     "You did" she nodded her head excitedly. "Kaylee helped me" she said. "Who is Kaylee?" I questioned. "She is our teacher" Luke said. "Oh and tomorrow parents come to school and stay with us the whole school day" Lily said. "Yea can you come"
     "I don't know I have work" they frowned. "Please it's just one day" Luke said. "I don't know I have to think about it" they stood up. "You always say that" they held each others hand and walked away. "You should at least do this for them" Nathan said while he sat beside me.
     "I will have to try" I said. "You can't just try, you have too, they really need this" I knew they did but I don't know. "If you don't do this they will never forgive you" he stood up and walked away.
     I laid back on the couch thinking about this. I grabbed my phone from the table and called my secretary. "Hello" she said. "Hey, I won't be able to go to work tomorrow" I said. "Ok, see you Monday" I hung up the phone.
     I stood up from the couch and walked to the kids room. I knocked. "Come In" I heard Luke say. I opened the door and walked in. I sat in front of them. "I will go to your school tomorrow" they looked up at me and smiled.
     "Really" I nodded my head. They stood up and ran and hugged me. I fell back. "Ok, ok, let's get you ready for bed" they ran away from me. I smiled one last time and got up to help them.