Chapter 15

"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive" -Unknown

Kaylee's POV

"So I had to learn from my boyfriend that you are dating his brother" I was in Alyssa's classroom. "I forgot to tell you" she was sitting in her chair while I was sitting in one of the children's chairs. "He asked me to quit my job" Alyssa said.
"Why" I said. "He says he doesn't like me working, he wants to pay for everything" I was moving uncomfortably in the chair. "Lucky" I said.
"Why do you want to quit your job" I shook my head. "No, he wants you buy you everything"
"What he doesn't buy you anything" I shook my head again. "You probably don't ask" she was right I don't ask. "I like to pay for my own stuff" she finally placed her phone down. "You don't have to pay for everything"
"I am a free women, I don't need no man" I said. "You are dating a CEO he has enough money" she said. "That's his money, damn he even has kids" she picked up her phone again and started texting someone. "Who you texting" she looked at me and then looked back at her phone. "Nobody"
I couldn't take it anymore so I got up from the chair and put it back. "I don't know how you can sit in those things" I walked beside her so I could see but she closed her phone and put it down.
"I think it's time for the kids to come" she said. I slumped my shoulders and walked away. "You will thank me later" i turned around and gave her a confused look. "What do you mean" she shrugged her shoulders and got back on her phone.
"I shut the door and gave her the middle finger. I walked away and walked to my room. Right when I opened the door the kids started coming in the school and walking to there class.
I was sitting with the kids on the floor playing games with some of them. "Dang, you won again" I said to one of the kids I was playing with. I felt my phone vibrate under my leg. I picked it up and saw that I got a text from Ash.
Baby❤️💋: Alyssa is going to take the kids home, I am taking you shopping.
Alyssa told him what I told her this morning. "I am going to kill her" I thought.
Me: OK
"Can we play again" I put my phone down. "Just one more" we started the game over again.
"We are ready" I looked up from my computer and looked at the twins. "Ok, Alyssa should be here any m-" before I could finish my sentence Alyssa barged through the door. "I'm here" I stood up from my chair.
"Ok, I will see y'all soon" they hugged me. When they let go they ran to where Alyssa was. "Don't hurt them" I walked over to them. "You know I won't" the kids waved goodbye and they left. I went back and sat at my desk waiting for Ash to come.
I heard a knock in the door. I grabbed my things and opened it. "You ready" Ash said. I smiled and nodded. He grabbed my hand and we left"
When we got to where he wanted to take me. "The mall really" he stopped the car. "Yep" we got out the car. I went to his side and held his hand as we walked inside.

Ash's POV

We walked into the mall hand in hand. Right when we got in people were staring and whispering at me. "Is that Ash" one person said. "He is so hot" another person said. I didn't care about anything they said. They only thing that was in my mind was getting Kaylee some things.
"Get anything you want" she turned to me eyes wide. "Really" I smiled and nodded. She let go of my hand and started running into stores. I quickly followed after her.
She picked up everything cheap thing she could find. "Cheap stuff really" she turned to me. "Yea" I grabbed the things from her hands and put them down. "What are you doing" I grabbed her hand without saying anything and pulled her to another store.
I stopped at the girls section. She picked up one of the shirts and checked the price. "$100 for a shirt really" she placed it back down. "It's not even that bad" I said. "Not that bad really, that's still way to much"
"How about you don't check the prices and pick stuff up" she shook her head. "No" she tried to walk away but I grabbed her arm. I called one of the people that work there. "Can you help her pick out some stuff" she looked at Kaylee.
"I sure can" she grabbed Kaylee's hand and walked away. I sat on one of the empty seats and waited while they shopped.
For 2 hours they walked into the dressing room and came back out. "I really like that one" I said. "I like it too" Kaylee looked at herself through the mirror. "Ok we will get it"
She did that a few more times and she got a few outfits then we left. "$4,000 dollars for 5 pairs of outfits" she looked at the receipt. I quickly grabbed it from her hands. "It's nothing" we walked past a trash can and I threw it away.
"We needed that" she tried to reach in the trash can and take out the receipt. I grabbed her hand and walked away. She kept looking back. "There just clothes" I said. "Yea, clothes I could buy at the thrift store for $20"
"I am sure you can" we walked out of the mall. "Are you sure you don't want more things" I said once we got in the car. "I am sure, you spent enough" I started the car and we left.
When we got home the kids ran to us. "Your home" Luke ran to me while Lily ran to Kaylee. "I told you I couldn't hurt them" Alyssa said to Kaylee.
Alyssa and Nathan left so all that was left was me, Kaylee, and the twins. Kaylee got Lily ready for bed while I got Luke ready. "When are you going to ask Kaylee to marry her" Luke said.
"Why you ask" I tucked him under the bed. "Y'all have been dating for a year, and me and Lily really like her" he picked up his toy dinosaur. "I will think about it, ok"
"Ok" Lily and Kaylee came in. She placed Lily in the bed and tucked her in. "Good night" Kaylee said to lily. She came behind me and said good night to Luke as well.
"Good night" I shut the door behind me. The whole night I was thinking about what Luke said to me.