Chapter 9

"I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night" -When Harry Met Sally

Kaylee's POV

I woke up to arms wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes to find Ash asleep. I thought he left yesterday when I fell asleep but I was wrong. I continued to stare at him. After a few minutes I reached my hand over and placed it on his cheek.
He looked like a baby when he sleep. I ran one of my fingers over his forehead a moved a piece of hair. When I looked him back in the eyes he was awake. I quickly removed my hand from his face.
He looked down and picked up my hand. I looked down at our hands. He tangled our hands together. "They fit well together" he said. I looked up at him. "Would you like to go on a date with me" he finally looked away from our hands.
"So you finally ask me, after we slept together twice" I said. "Better late than never, so" I smiled. "I would love to on a date with you" he leaned in and kissed me.
He left an hour ago to get ready. And since then I looked through my closet and couldn't find nothing so I called Alyssa. "Hey girlllllll" she said once she answered. "Can you help me with something" I heard her stand up.
"Did something happen" she said, "no, I wanted to ask if you could help me chose and outfit for tonight" I heard more rustling and heard her door shut. "I am on my way" after she said that she hung up. "Gee it's just a date"
I heard my front door open. "Did Ash finally ask you out" she said. I nodded my head. "I brought the right outfit for you" she pulled a dress out of a random grocery bag. She unfolded it so I could see it more. It was a long red dress with a single slit on the side.
"You like it" she said. I looked at it for a few more minutes and then I nodded. "I like it" she exhaled relieved. "Good because it's the only thing I brought. She pushed the dress in my hands and pushed me into the room.
Once I got the dress on I walked out of the room. Alyssa whistled when she saw me. "You look better in that dress than me" she looked me up and down. Before she could say something else there was a knock on the door.
"Damn he is here already" she said. I walked to the door and opened it. When he saw me he looked me up and down. "She looks good I know" I turned around and saw Alyssa. "Really"
"I don't want to make y'all late, so here's your shoes and purse" she handed me my things. "And have fun" she shut the door. We laughed and then walked to the elevator.
When we got to his car he opened the door for me. "What a gentlemen" I got into the passenger seat. He shut the door and went to the driver side. "You ready" he said once he started the car. I nodded and then we were off.
When we got to the restaurant the waiter took one glance at him and grabbed the menus. "You come here a lot don't you" he looked at me. "I come here too much" the waiter came back and signaled us to a table.
We were in the middle of eating when I had to use the restroom. "I am going to go to the restroom" he looked up from his food and nodded. I stood up and walked to where the bathroom sign was pointing.
I was in one of the stalls when I heard the door open and three feet's walking to the sink. "Was that your boss" I heard one of the girls saw. "Yea" the other one that was with her said. I was about to walk out the bathroom when what they said next stopped me in my tracks.
"Why would Ash be with some girl like her" I removed my hand form the handle. "Yea she is so ugly, I pictured him with you, you are way more pretty than her" they all laughed and walked away.

Ash's POV

Kaylee walked back to the table with a look on her face. "Are you ok" she looked at me. "Yea, I am fine, let's finished eating and get out of here" she started eating again.
Something was wrong with her the whole dinner. She would eat and then she would stop. I would ask her something and she will reply with a 'ok' or 'yea'. I couldn't take it anymore so when we got to the car I finally asked her what I been thinking.
"Did something happen when you was in the restroom" she looked at me. "Nothing happened" I grabbed her shoulders gently and turned her to look at me. "What happened" she finally looked me in the eyes. "I won't stop until you tell me what happened.
"One of your works were there, and they-" she stopped before she could finish her sentence. She didn't have too I already knew what she was talking about. "They said something bad about you right" she nodded her head without even looking at me.
I started the car and started driving. I didn't say anything the whole car ride. "Are you ok" she asked me. I grabbed her had without even looking at her. "I am fine"
When I got to her apartment I made sure she got up to her room un injured. "I enjoyed today" she said. "I know you did, I enjoyed it too" I bent down and kissed her on the lips. "Have a good night" I said once I unhooked my lips form hers.
"You too" she turned and opened the door. She walked in and turned around. Before she closed the door she walked up to me and pecked me on the lips. "For the ride home" after that she shut the door.
I looked at her closed door for a few minutes until I finally walked to the elevator. I already knew who she was talking about. And I knew what I had to do tomorrow.