The Past Doesn't Go away

Sup! The next chapter marks the end of the Wave arc. I'm super tired and have stuff to do tomorrow so this will be shorter than usual._________________

Satsuki stood frozen at Naruto's words. "H-He's Zabuza's partner? He's our age." Satsuki said. "Yes but I think I know why he's with Zabuza." Naruto stated to irritate Satsuki.

"Then why is he know-it-all?" Satsuki said even more upset that Naruto was the only person that got this reaction out of her.

"That boy is a part of a clan from Mist that wielded an ice bloodline limit. Over a decade ago in Mist a hunt against bloodline limit users was formed called the bloodline wars.

After the start of the Mist bloodline wars this clan, the Yuuki clan, was thought to be wiped out.

But that boy has all the features of both the Yuuki clan and an accomplice of Zabuza's besides the Demon Brothers my web of clones heard about.

Black hair and androgynous features are obvious but ice is usually found by or in the corpses of Zabuza's victims but Zabuza is not of the Yuuki clan.

My judgment is that Zabuza found Yuuki alone after his parents death and took pity on him or decided he was useful. " Naruto guessed. Satsuki nodded as everything he said made sense.

"Enough about that, how about we continue yesterday's spar?" Naruto asked with a hint of life in his eyes once more.

Satsuki smirked. She'd definitely beat him this time.

Kakashi, Hinata and their hosts sat awaiting dinner when Naruto and Satsuki finally walked in covered in bruises. "What have you been up to? You look like something the cat dragged in." Tazuna quipped.

"Late training then sparring. We decided to come back after we stalemated. Though I have to say Uchiha is getting better at predicting my moves that she's seen." Naruto said.

Satsuki smirked at the compliment. "We are basically equal." Satsuki said. "I'm miles ahead of you but I don't like revealing stuff I don't have to." Naruto said.

"Well that's good because tomorrow you're both bodyguards for Tazuna." Kakashi said. Satsuki smirked and Naruto was blank like usual.

"Like I said back when we ran into the Demon Brothers, no missing nin stands a chance against an Uchiha." Satsuki said as she crossed her arms.

"Usually I'd find your overconfidence tiresome and I still do bit you could fight c-rank ninja at best." Naruto said. Satsuki decided to take that as a compliment.

An hour later everyone had finished their meals and Tsunami was picking up their plates. "In a few days the bridge will be finished and I'll have you to thank for that." Tazuna said to his guests.

"You've all done great but you've still got to be careful." Tsunami warned.

"I've been meaning to ask you all this but I haven't gotten the chance until now. Why did you stay and protect me even though you found out I lied to bring you here, besides blondie?" Tazuna asked.

"Those who stray from the path of justice have no courage. But under the wing of a strong leader, cowardice cannot survive." Kakashi said.

"Huh?" Tsunami said. "That was a quote from the first Hokage who in many ways was flawed but his belief in teamwork is somethingI find logical.

Those who give into their darker temptations don't know the meaning of courage and will face pain at the hands of those they have wronged." Naruto chimed, in his words somewhat pointed towards Inari.

Inari looked at the orange clad ninja and thought back to Kaiza. Inari couldn't hold in his tears. But why?" Inari asked. At that Naruto looked at the young boy.