Chapter 2 - Part 8: My Offer

"...Dottore." Tighnari stepped into the room. 

"Ah, if it isn't my partner in crime? From the looks of it, the experiment was a success," he welcomed him with open arms. Tighnari, however, rejected the offer, "Very funny, Dottore. I'm indeed back, but this time I'm not to rejoin your 'experiments'."

The two locked eyes, at least tried to, as one of them had a mask on. 

"Let go of him. I won't ask twice," he bit as silence fell across the room. It was the first time he felt true anger fueled by the fear burning inside him. "I'm afraid a deal can't be made if only one side has an offer, so speak up, what are you offering?"

"Nar-" Cyno tried to call out before his mouth was stuffed with a cloth by Dottore. "Come on, your boyfriend's waiting," he taunted. Tighnari was at a standstill, trying to keep his emotions from affecting his judgment. 'How did we get here...'

Tighnari was walking through the streets when someone dropped their keys. He helped pick them up and passed them to them. He noticed the keys had a keychain saying 'Dottore' which intrigued him. 

"Umm, hi. I noticed the carving on your keychain. Could I ask what it means?"
"That's my name, little fox. If anything, I'm more interested in your ears."
"I guess I am one of the few who have these. I could tell you a lot more. Over a cup of coffee, perhaps?"
"Sounds great. How about that one?"
"Sure."

The two went into the coffee shop and started a light-hearted conversation on the biology of Tighnari's body, from genetics to simple differences in daily life. 

They had a few more meetings afterward, leading to Tighnari learning that Dottore was a scientist. Eventually, Dottore asked if he could perform a few tests on Tighnari, which he agreed to. It started off with a few health checkup-like tests which slowly turned into some inhumane ones.

However, even with the scars and bruises on his body, he couldn't leave, even if he wanted to. He was locked up in a cage most of the time, what could he have done? Until one day, he was let out for some reason.

Dottore handed him a pill, "This will heal all your scars and bruises in no time. Thank you for cooperating with me all this time." Tighnari, being desperate, accepted the pill. Dottore let him free, and he ran to Cyno's house as it was closer. 

At his doorstep, he collapsed. The pain was unbearable after the sprint all the way there. After a while, Cyno opened the door to find his boyfriend laying unconscious. Of course, he was worried and immediately carried him inside.

Tighnari woke up on the couch inside a familiar place and tried to get up but cried in pain instead. Rushing to his aid was Cyno who tried to get him to open up but inevitably failed. Tighnari was too scared to see the flashes of memories of that place again.

Before bed, Tighnari found the pill that Dottore gave him. Too tired to think of how dangerous it might be, he mindlessly took it with some water. 

In a matter of seconds, the fox slowly lost balance and felt even more tired than he was before. He slowly fell down, hitting the back of his head from the impact. All the while a panicking Cyno tried to save him.

"...my offer is

...sending you

..behind bars."

------------------------------------------------

A/N

And that covers how they met. Oh and btw, and if any of you un-glitched the text from Chapter 1 Part 8, you did not get anything out of that as that is not anything significant. So L