22: Athy's Choice

Third POV

As the sun rises in early morning, the light shine slightly passes the curtain at the dark room of a certain crown prince. The prince rests on his bed, restless, due to last night unexpected discovered and you could see his swollen eyes after crying too much and his red nose.

Beside the bed, stood the well-known king staring sadly at the prince.

He had comforted Arthur to calm him down, and prevent the prince from releasing his inner demon..

Yes, his alter ego.

Gilgamesh had already known Arthur's full power and potential.

The red eyes he saw on that night. He has not mistaken it. He clearly knew— yet Arthur doesn't know it too well.

While sat on the single sofa beside the bed, he hold his clairvoyance near him and read in deep thought. 'Truly the princess made a wrong decision.' Frowning at his future sight, whatever happens to Athanasia, Arthur will be there either to protect or sacrifice himself for her without a second thought.

"Foolish." He hummed.

'A stubborn sister and a powerful brother. What an interesting combination.'

At the corner of the room, the shadow slowly merges from the dark wall form a figure of a certain witch as her red eyes glow in concern at the sight of her prince. Gilgamesh wasn't surprised by her presence.

Floating herself towards the end of the prince's bed, she voice out her thoughts only the king could hear, "What should we do about the princess? Her wish has been granted but the cursed fate is now..." she turn her gaze to Arthur, " ...to the crown prince..."

Her voice sounds grief and desperately wanting to prevent Arthur to face such tragic life...

Merlin had explained to them the night before they mention Arthur's biological father, she had warned the princess more than twice yet she was stubborn to find her happy ending.

She had warned the princess at the cost of her choice... including the consequences...

The king frowned, and walks to the door with his clairvoyance just before he leave the room, he glance at his shoulder, "Do what you must. Protect Arthur."