*scene 16*

CHAPTER SIXTEENREST IN PEACE, SHMI

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
REST IN PEACE, SHMI

"I know wherever you are it's become a better place. You were the most loving partner a man could ever have. Goodbye, my darling wife. And thank you." Cliegg said as they all stood in front of Shmi's grave, Anakin hesitantly stepped forwards and kneeled down in front of the grave.

"I wasn't strong enough to save you, mum. I wasn't strong enough. But I promise I won't fail again." Anakin stood up as Rae walked forward and kneeled down touching the gravestone softly.

"We miss you..." Rae whispered "...so much." Rae sobbed before they heard a beeping come from behind, they all turned around and saw R2D2.

"R2? What are you doing here?" Padme asked as Rae stood up and went to stand by Anakin.

"It seems that he is carrying a message from an Obi-wan Kenobi." C3PO answered for R2D2, Rae perked up at the mention of her brothers name, C3PO looked at Rae and let out a small hum, "Master Rae, does that name mean anything to you?" Rae nodded

-

Next thing you know, they were inside looking at the video message from Obi-wan.

"Anakin, Rae. My long range travel transmitter has been knocked out. Retransmit this message to Coruscant." Padme turned around and pressed a small button that would transmit the video to Coruscant "I have tracked the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, to the droid foundries on Geonosis. The Trade Federation is to take delivery of a droid army here, and it is clear that Viceroy Gunray...is behind the assassination attempts on Senator Amidala. The Commence Guilds and Corporate Alliance...have both pledged their armies to Count Dooku and are forming a—" Obi-wan paused as he quickly pulled out his lightsaber and began to destroy some drones before the hologram shut off and Windu appeared, much to Rae's concern.

"Anakin, Rae. We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the Senator at all costs. That is your first priority." Windu instructed

"Understand, Master." Anakin and Rae nodded before the hologram shut off completely.

"They'll never get there in time to save him." Padme stated "they have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look." Padme pressed a button pulling up a map of the galaxy "Geonosis is less than a parsec away."

"If he's still alive." Anakin shrugged

"Ani, are you just gonna sit here and let him die?" Rae questioned "he's our friend, our mentor. He's—"

"He's like my father!" Anakin shouted "but you heard Master Windu. He gave us strict orders ti stay here!"

"He gave you both strict orders to protect me, and I'm going to help Obi-wan. If you plan to protect me, you'll just have to come along." Rae turned towards Anakin

"I know for a fact that I'm going. I'm not gonna sit here let my brother die." Rae said sitting down in the passenger seat of the ship as Padme started the engine "come or don't come. It's up to you." Rae shrugged, Anakin sighed giving in and sitting down in the back.

"I'm not worried, R2. It's just I've never flown before." C3PO said from the back as he sat down.