One Original Hybrid Basket

Caroline and Cheri spent almost the entire night preparing Delta for her big day tomorrow.

"He doesn't like me like that," she said as Caroline dusted eyeshadow across her lids.

"Don't be stupid, Del," Caroline said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, Marcel is so into you," Cherish said brushing Delta's brown hair.

"You don't know that," she said trying to shake her head.

"I do," Cheri said. "He told Uncle Elijah and he told me that when he and Marcel go into the Quarter to check on things, for the past month, all he's talked about is you."

"See?" Caroline said. "And he's hot, and you deserve someone who won't throw you over for Tyler," she said causing them all to laugh.

"Well, what am I supposed to do? Or say?" Delta questioned.

"Marcel, you're gorgeous. Date me," Cheri said in a dramatic, sultry tone.

"Yeah right!" Delta laughed.

"Just tell him how you feel about him," Caroline said.

"That's great advice but I can't take it from you," the assistant said.

"What?" the blonde asked shocked. "Why not?"

"You don't believe that, 'cause if you did..."

"Shut up, Delta," she said her blue eyes wide.

"I'm just saying," she said looking at her reflection.

"Are you guys talking about my dad?" Cherish inquired.

"What? No. What?" Caroline flustered.

"So yea," the teenager smiled. "It's cool. My dad deserves someone awesome."

"Klaus and I aren't..."

"Bullshit," Delta singsonged.

"Shut up. We had a...thing..." Caroline started.

"They hooked up," Delta said to Cheri, who nodded in understanding.

"We had a...thing. It was a million years ago. We're friends now," Caroline said organizing the already organized make-up.

"Care, you are trying so hard not like him," Delta said grabbing her boss's hands. "Not to love him."

"I don't..." she started but trailed off.

"It's ok," Cheri said. "Look, I know that my dad can be hard to love but I also know that when he loves, you'll never need anything else."

"But that's the love of a parent for their child," Caroline said.

"Stop being difficult," Delta said. "You know what she's saying. When he loves he loves completely. You know it's true. How long has it been?" Caroline was silent.

She had fought these feelings and thoughts for so long. She had always thought she hiding it all but apparently being in the overwhelming presence of Niklaus Mikaelson was bringing them all to the surface.

Did she love Klaus? Did he truly love her? She wasn't sure about any of it and Klaus was too unpredictable. She didn't want to put all her eggs in one Original Hybrid basket.

When the girls woke up the next morning, they prettied Delta up and sent her off to find Marcel. They followed close behind throughout the house.

"Marcel," Delta said running into him in the grand hallway.

"Hey, Delta. You look beautiful this morning," he said with a sexy smile. She blushed but didn't look away.

"I have to tell you something but don't say anything until I'm finished," she said looking into his eyes.