I Need Your Help

- 2 Months Later-

Caroline had been in almost constant contact with Tyler. Rekindling their friendship was a good thing and she was happy to do it, but the thing over the past two months she had been the most excited about was Delta's relationship with Grant.

They were so cute and kinda nervous around each other it made Caroline giddy. On a Tuesday afternoon while at the office Caroline and Delta heard tired screeching and people screaming outside. They used their vampire speed to get outside quickly. They found Grant standing over someone in the middle of the street.

"What happened?" Delta asked running over to him.

"I...I...I hit him," Grant stammered.

"Did someone call 911?" Caroline asked as she knelt beside the bloodied man. Someone answered that they did. "His breathing's shallow," she said softly.

"Can't you save him?" Delta whispered in her ear.

"No. Too many people," Caroline whispered back. She held the man's hand and he took his final breath just as the paramedics arrived. Caroline stepped back and let them do their job.

"I'm Detective Turner, this is my partner Detective Witter. What happened here?" Detective Turner asked Grant.

"I was about to pull over so that I could deliver some packages and he jumped out in front of the truck from out of nowhere," Grant answered as he watched them load the lifeless body into the ambulance.

"You didn't see him?" Detective Turner asked in an accusatory tone.

"No. I swear it," he said wide-eyed.

"I saw everything." a little old lady volunteered as her three friends nodded behind her. "That guy jumped in front of this truck. I think he wanted to die," she said matter of factly. The ladies nodded again. Detective Turner nodded and Detective Witter stepped away and took the old ladies' statements.

"Were you speeding?" Detective Turner asked.

"No," Grant answered.

"Grant, stop talking," Caroline said stepping in front of him. "Are you arresting him?"

"No," Detective Turner said. "Just routine questioning."

"Not without a lawyer," she said folding her arms across her chest.

"Lawyering up make you look awfully guilty." the detective said looking past Caroline to Grant.

"Get him inside," Caroline said to Delta. She nodded and led Grant toward the office.

"I'm not done with him," Detective Turner said angrily.

"I don't know if you like, need to catch someone so that people don't realize that you suck at your job but listen to me closely," she said as she looked deeply into his eyes. "You're going to investigate this by the book. You're not going to label Grant as a murderer. You're going to do your job and you're going to do it right," Caroline said compelling him. Detective Turner blinked a few times before he spoke again.

"Thank you for your time," he said to her before he rejoined the other detective. When Caroline entered the building, Grant and Delta were sitting in the waiting room.

"Are you alright?" Caroline asked sitting beside him.

"I didn't kill him," Grant said. "I didn't even see him."

"We know," Delta reassured him. "And there were witnesses." He sighed heavily and put his head in his hands. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I know but it doesn't change anything," he said.