ROAD TRIP!

Caroline went over the list of things Delta could and couldn't do with the business for the eighth time before Tyler pulled her toward the door. He pushed her out and waved at the couples inside the apartment.

"You ready?" he asked taking two of her bags.

"Yeah," Caroline said beaming. She really was excited about taking a trip. It had been so long since she had been anywhere. She was due a change of scenery. She and Tyler loaded her bags into his SUV before they headed for the way out of the city.

The first couple of hours were spent arguing over a radio station. They spent the next few hours talking about their first stop. Philadelphia. She hadn't wanted to go but Tyler convinced her that it would be fun so they made the stop. The toured the city and ate greasy, but yummy, cheese steaks before heading to their hotel. He got the key cards and they went to their room.

Caroline was surprised that it was a double occupancy. She threw her bag on the bed she wanted and he headed toward the bathroom. When she heard the shower turn on she pulled out her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey! It's me," she said.

"How are you?"

"Great. We've had fun so far."

"What'd you do?"

"Explored the city, ate greasy food. Stuff like that," Caroline said as she pulled clothes out of her suitcase.

"Did you have a good time?" Klaus asked, his tone smug.

"Yes. Why do you sound so...so...?"

"So what?"

"Like you."

"I have no idea what's you're talking about, love," Klaus laughed. He had no intention of telling her that Tyler's feeble attempt to win her back was literally laughable. He knew that he would get the woman he desired. He just didn't realize that Tyler was going to make it so easy. "So, are you seeing everything the world has to offer?"

"Klaus," she said exasperatedly. "Why did you ask me that?"

"Am I not allowed to ask you simple questions? I'll remember that for our next conversation," he said. Caroline could tell there was a smile on his annoyingly handsome face.

"Of course you can ask questions," Caroline said.

"Then what's the problem?" Klaus asked innocently.

"Ugh. Forget it. I've gotta go. Tyler's getting out of the shower," she said rolling her eyes.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, love," he said before ending the call.

"Who was that?" Tyler said as he exited the bathroom. Caroline's breath along with her words were stuck in the throat at the sight of his wet, glistening body wrapped in a low slung towel.

"No one." she murmured before she entered the bathroom, cell phone in hand.

XxXx

The next morning, Caroline and Tyler left Philly and went off toward their next destination. She had to admit that she was excited. Nashville. The home of the country music star. She slept a lot of this trip but when she woke the bright lights of Nashville assaulted her eyes.

After they checked in to the Sheraton Music City Hotel and went to their room, Caroline sighed when she saw the one large, fluffy bed.

"Do you wanna shower first?" Tyler asked.

"Sure," she said grabbing her duffel bag. She entered the bathroom and shut the door behind her. She looked into her own blue eyes and sighed. She turned the shower on and reached for her phone.