Chapter seven

Kazuhas POV

"Wait" the guy said. "I'm Childe, and you?" He must have heard Beidou screaming it over the whole restaurant.

"Kazuha" I said and he did a very bad acting pretending like he didn't already know it. This is the kind of thing Beidou would get mad about, she would say I'm putting myself in danger. I think this is my smartest choice though, he doesn't seem to be very intelligent so maybe I can find out if that doll guy really was here on the Shoguns orders.

"What were you doing out here in the first place?" He asked and sat down on the rock I had been sitting on before, patting the space next to him, telling me that he wanted me to sit down but I didn't.

"Well I could ask you the same thing, couldn't I?" I bet he was here for one of two reasons, on a mission from the Fatui or because of the son.

"I'm just walking around this beautiful nation" he said.
"So am I" I answered, not really sure if this is a conversation I want to be having. Maybe he wasn't playing as big of a roll in all of this so there was really no reason to be rude to him.

"Where are you from?" I know that he wants me to say Inazuma. And I did.

"Oh really? I heard about the vision hunt that's going on there, is it a big thing?" He was really not a good liar. This all got way too weird way too quickly.

"I know what you're trying to do" I told him and he actually seemed a bit surprised that I could see through his lie.

(Sorry for the Childe slander😭)

"I'm not trying to do anything" he defended. "Sure, well it's late so I'm going to be leaving now, goodbye" he didn't try to stop me this time and just stayed on the rock looking rather disappointed in how the conversation played out. I'm not sure if he was actually disappointed or if it was all an act, and I'm not planning on finding out today. Im sure he'll survive without me answering his questions (nope, RIP)

When I got back to the Inn Beidou was still awake.
"Hi Beidou" I greeted her and sat down next to her on the couch. I debated if I should tell Beidou about the fatui guy and the treasure hoarders and decided that it was probably for the best not to worry her.

Scaramouche POV

Today I was going to return to snezhnya but first I was going to meet up with Tartaglia and see if he found out anything interesting which I highly doubt.
He walked up to me with a not so happy expression on his face.
"Did you find him?" I asked him. "Well, i actually did" maybe he wasn't that useless. "What did he say?" It took a couple of seconds before.
"He didn't really fall for it" I was wrong, he's completely useless. I don't even know why the Tsaritsa still thinks she can gain something from having him as a harbinger.
"All you had to do was talk to him" Now I would have to listen to the Tsaritsa be mad because Tartaglia doesn't understand when he's being used. "I tried but he already knew who you were" he said. Of course he knows who I am the Shogun said it right in his face, Tartaglia knew that.
"And? You could have just said you didn't know that" I hate having to think for other people.
"I did but he still left. Don't worry I think I can befriend him still" he's just gonna make the thing even more complicated.
"Befriend? If you wanna bond with him then that's on you but I will still tell the Tsaritsa" Tartaglia sighed. "You would have anyways" that not 100% true. I was going to consider it on the way back.
"I'll be back in a week, if you have done anything useful I will let you tell the Tsaritsa whatever you want to lie about. But if she asks me I wont defend you" he should be very grateful, I could just go and tell on him immediately. Though I am pretty sure I would have to be the one to clean up his mess and I was not feeling like doing that again.
"Thank you" he said and sat down on the bench I had waited for him on.
"Well I'm leaving" I stood up and ignored his goodbye on my way out of Liyue.

The trip back was just as long and boring as the last one and for some reason I couldn't sleep. I guess the large waves that made the boat almost tip over was too much of a distraction.

I continued to think about my mother on the way back. Usually I would avoid thinking about her, or I had ever since she threw me out but there was no longer a reason to. I had gone so long but caring about anything that I don't think that I couple of thoughts would change anything.

She had thrown me out all those years ago because in her opinion I had been too "emotional and gentle" which now is very ironic. I guess she never knew me at all. I've made my life a 'living' proof that she was wrong ever since

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

If this chapter sucks I'm blaming my neighbors kid that I crying and probably getting beaten up.

Anyways, live love laugh