New Kid and First Mission

Hey guys so I am finally going to update this story. So hope you enjoy. *hands reader ten cookies*

~Unknown: 3 months later~

The forest was rained upon by the ashes of a fire that was coming form over the hill. Grabbing my sheep horn, I alerted the village of the on coming fire. We had been expecting the people from beyond to come after we denied to join them.

I ran for days only to find myself lost in an unknown part of the forest. Scratches were all over my bare arms and my brown pants were torn in some places. Some plants got a hold of my leaf green shirt and my leather boots were worn down after all the running. That's when I stumbled upon a campfire with a light blond haired girl sat making fire out of thin air. Then all went black.

~Kito~

Comet and I have been keeping our little relationship secret because she said if people found out that we might be separated or thrown out of the city into the Beyond. We both didn't want that so it is a secret. I wish I could be able to show my love for her everywhere, but I'll keep it a secret until people will be able to accept us.

"Kito," my love called as she ran over to our couch. I waved and gave her a little smile.

"Hey. So what did you want to talk about?" I asked. She had asked Coal to tell me that she wanted to talk about something. So I went to the only place we could talk alone, our little place.

"My father came," she sat down and curled up.

"And?"

"He wants you, our friends, and me to go on a top secret mission. He gave me this map and said to follow it. Said that it's enchanted." She handed me a map and it was enchanted with a navigation spell.

"Ok. When do we leave." She looked at me.

"Now." I got up and held out my hand. She grabbed it and followed me to the others.

~Comet~

After everyone was ready to go we left on horses. My dad said that we had to go old style. It was all seven of us. Coal, River, Ana, Ember, Kito, and me. River has finally started talking to me again, it only took her two months.

~Time Skip~Night

"We have had a long day so let's camp here for tonight," Kito suggested. Everyone agreed. "Alright, Coal and River can collect some fire wood and fill up our water at the stream down the road. Comet you and I will go look for food. Ana and Ember can stay her a build a fire. We will all return and set up the rest of the camp." Everyone nodded. I never knew that Kito was such a great leader. He knew exactly how to act and he looked the part.

After that Kito and I went off. Kito caught a few rabbits, but he said "don't worry love, I only kill to ones that are about to die of natural causes," I was glad to here that. I found some wild berry bushes and there was blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. We were going to feast tonight.

~Coal~

River and I went down to the stream. I just watched as she filled all the water pouches with her magic. She looked so beautiful in the sunset light. Then she noticed me staring and I got up and we looked at each other for a moment until she went back to her job. I couldn't take it anymore. We were out here alone and it was time to tell her. To tell her how I really feel.

"Hey River, I need to tell you something," I started. She stopped and looked at me. "We have been friends for a long time and I just feel like friends is not the a word in my vocabulary anymore." She turned away, but I caught her little blush. "What I am trying to say is that I love you. I have loved you for so long and I never had the courage to tell you until right now, right here." I turned her toward me and cupped her chin, lifting it up. Then I closed the gap between us and whispered, "I love you." I closed the gap and our lips intertwined with the other. I poured out all my love that had been bottled up for years into that one kiss. Our first kiss. She pushed us apart and we painted for a bit. I might have over done it, but it was still nice.