Reunion

~Ana~

     The morning sun shown brightly through the arched window of Ember's and I's dorm. Yesterday marked the end of the school year for us, and now everyone has to pack to go home for the summer. These past two years have been a roller coaster. 

     First Ember got killed and then brought back to life by Comet. Then, we all had to go on a mission that only Comet knew the details about which lead us to Ember's boyfriend, Flore, who she adamantly denies liking, even though, everyone can see how red she turns when he talks to her. Next, Kito turned out to be a bad guy who almost killed Comet. And finally, Comet and River went to Comet's home while the rest of us had to come back here. 

     All of this still overwhelms me. How could all of this take place within a two years? Only time will tell how things could get better or worse.

     "You almost done yet," Ember said with her annoyed voice. She had her arms crossed with her evil eye look. She had her bag next to her and a backpack slung over one shoulder. 

     "I am done," I replied zipping up my second suit case. I picked it up, placed it on the floor, and then walked out of the dorm behind Ember. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     After an hour, Ember and I meet up with Coal and Flore. We had all made plans with River to stay with Comet and her through the summer since we all had nothing else better to do, and we all missed them. Comet was like the glue that bound us together. After she left, we all did not hang out like we use to. All we would do is wave or say hi if we passed each other. Ember and I stuck together because we were room mates, and I know that Ember and Flore talked a lot out side of class. Other than that, none of us really talked to each other.

     "Everyone ready?" Coal asked with some excitement in his voice. I knew he would be extremely happy to go since he would be able to see his girlfriend, River. They seemed to doing really well with their long distance relationship, but everyone could see how much he missed her every day. 

     "I thought River said that Comet's driver would be here by now," Ember said with her annoyance from earlier. She did not walk up on the right side of the bed this morning. That will change when she sees Comet.

     "Don't be such a party pooper just because they are late," I replied to Ember with sarcastic tone. Everyone laughed while Ember blushed and turned her head away form me with her arms crossed. 

     "Hey guys look, is that a Limousin?" Flore asked with a puzzled face. We all looked down the road and saw a white Limousin heading toward us. It pulled up next to the curb and all of us looked in awe. 

     "I knew Comet was rich, but not this rich. Then again her father is Dark Matter the head of the Mage Council," Coal said. He was right. We all understood that Comet was rich, but I guess we imaged just a simple car picking us up since she dressed so simply. It seemed odd to think that Comet would ride around in a Limousin and dress the way she does. 

     All of us pilled into the car and saw that the inside had black leather seats all along the sides of the Limousin. There was complimentary water, juice, tea, and soda in the ice buckets that were placed evenly apart between ever few seats. The top of the Limousin looked like a starry night sky. Scratch that, it was the night sky, it was a visual image of the clear night sky. I would expect nothing less from Comet's family since her father is a powerful celestial mage. From what Comet said, he could predict the future by looking at the stars. He could predict anything from a natural phenomenon to what you will have for dinner.