Hero of the Hour 🔹

—————————————————————————

ISSAC

Issacs dreaming was always strange, sometimes it was dreams of his parents, of his old home. Other times it was of places that he'd never seen before, cold, barren and dark places that no person in their right mind would dare step in. But this time? nothing. No spaces or people to talk too, just empty nothingness. And when that darkness began to fade he heard voices, bright, hopeful voices that sounded like they were trying to guide hime back. Back from what? Then he remembered-

Issac:(deep gasp)

Issac shot up from the hospital bed so sharply he nearly threw off the covers that were laying on his lap, he clutching his chest tightly as he began to look around. Several doctors and what looked like soldiers surrounded his bed.

Doctor:take it easy kid. You try and go any faster and you'll be on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Issac:Who are you? Where the bloody hell am I?

He heard a man speaking French behind him, the man looked frustrated with the doctor. The doctor turned around and mouthed something else that Issac could hardly understand, whatever he said it caused the officer to quickly leave the room.

Doctor:where do you think hero? You're in the hospital. And before you ask you've been out for two days, same as everyone else.

Issac:two days?

Doctor:its honestly a better outcome that most. We have patients from the bombing that still haven't woken up yet.

Issac:but...they're alive right?

The doctor smiled and nodded.

Doctor:(yes) they're alive. No thanks to you and Dr. Ziegler.

Issac:yeah, I heard you call me a hero.

Doctor:everyone is. ts the main reason you and Dr. Ziegler aren't in handcuffs right now. Police came to arrest you both but the moment the public found out-

he chuckled to himself.

Doctor:let's just say it wasn't pretty. There was so much support from the two of you that even overwatch couldn't touch you.

Issac:overwatch? They don't exist.

Doctor:try telling that to captain Amari.

Issac:who?

as he said that the two of them heard a knock at the door.

Doctor:(about time). Speak of the devil! Come in captain.

A grizzled, hispanic man wearing a black coat, jeans and a beanie stepped inside the room.

???:I came as soon as I heard you were up.

Issac:you here to arrest me?

???:At first. Then the public started to riot once they heard the news. You've got quite the fanbase Adams.

The doctor almost immediately left the room, Gabriel turned on the T.V. and switched the channel a few times before ending up on the news channel.

Anchormen:A horrible bombing in the Paris France memorial was meant to end in tragedy...But instead ended with what superstitious people would call a "modern miracle".

Gabriel then switched no another news station, this time it was in German.

Anchormen:(German) Issac Adams and Dr. Angela Ziegler are responsible for the HUNDREDS of lives saved that day. But what most people find captivating about the entire situation...is this-