Picking The Car

Melly followed Sam out the door as he cheered, "Yes! Yes, yes." He jumps in his father's car and shows him the paper. Melly opens her classic '54 Hornet and adjusts her outfit before she follows them.

Without Sam knowing, she stuck a chip on his shirt, hearing everything he was saying to his father, "A-minus

Without Sam knowing, she stuck a chip on his shirt, hearing everything he was saying to his father, "A-minus. It's an A, though."

Ron is heard talking, "Wait, wait, wait. I can't see. It's an A."

"So I'm good?"

"You're good."

Melly could feel him nearby and was also following the Witwickys. Ron drives around a Porche sales lot, "I got a little surprise for you, son." The young woman follows while also gazing around, searching for him.

"What kind of s-"

"Yeah, a little surprise."

Melly hears Sam gasping, "No. No, no, no, no! Dad! Oh, you got to be kidding me."

"Yeah. I am. You're not getting a Porsche." Ron laughs.

Sam huffs in anger, "You think that's funny?" Melly adjusts the frequency of her radio to the device as Ron chuckles, "Yeah, I think it's funny." Melly rolls her eyes as Sam grumbles, "What's wrong with you?"

Ron leaves the lot and heads to a cheaper lot, "You think I'd really get you a Porsche? For your first car?"

The woman watches as Ron heads to a car sale lot called Bolivia. As she pulled to the side, she spotted a late 70's Camaro car pull up behind the Witwickys and into an empty spot as the two men exited their car. Melly recognized it right away.

Sam groans and looks at his father, "Here? No, no, no, what is this? You said- you said half a car, not half a piece of crap, Dad."

"When I was your age, I'd have been happy with four wheels and an engine."

"Okay, let me explain something to you. Okay? You ever see 40-Year-Old Virgin?" Sam retorts. Ron nods his head, "Yeah."

"Okay, that's what this is. And this is a 50-year-old virgin." Sam huffs. Melly rolled down her window, keeping an eye on the Camaro that followed them while listening to Ron and Sam.

"Ah, okay."

"You want me to live that life? Hmm?"

"No sacrifice-"

"Yeah, no victory."

Melly adjusts her radio again, catching the frequencies of the Camaro. Chirps and static came from the vehicle, "Hello, old friend." She whispered. Ron was looking at his son, "No victory."

"You know, I got it. The old Witwicky motto, Dad."

"Right." Ron pats his son's shoulder as someone approaches them. Melly gazes up to see Bolivia walk up to the two, "Gentlemen. Bobby Bolivia, like the country, except without the runs." He laughs creepily, "How can I help you?"

Ron grins, "Well, my son here... looking to buy his first car."

Bolivia seemed shocked at glances at Sam, "You come to see me?" Sam crosses his arms, "I had to." Bolivia grabs Sam's hand and shakes it, "That practically makes us family. Uncle Bobby B, baby. Uncle Bobby B."

"Sam." The teen returns the grin. Bolivia wraps his arm around Sam's shoulders and leads him in the lot, "Sam, let me talk to you. Sam, your first enchilada of freedom awaits underneath one of those hoods. Let me tell you something, son. A driver don't pick the car. The car'll pick the driver."

"Mm." Sam gazes around as Bolivia chuckles, "It's a mystical bond between man and machine. Son, I'm a lot of things, but a liar's not one of them."

"Mm."

Bolivia points across the yard to a house, "Especially not in front of my mammy. That's my mammy. Hey, Mammy!" The woman across the yard throws a finger at Bolivia. "Ooh, don't be like that. If I had a rock, I'd bust your head, bitch. I tell you, man, she deaf, you know?" The man laughs creepily again, "Well, over here, every piece of car a man might want or need."

Sam spots the Camaro, "This ain't bad. This one's got racing stripes." Sam gets in the car as Bolivia looks at it in bewilderment, "Yeah. It got racing- Yeah, what's this? What the heck is this? I don't know nothing about this car. Manny!"

"What?" Manny pops his head out of the shop. Bolivia points to the Camaro, "What is this? This car! Check it out!"

"I don't know, boss! I've never seen it! That's loco!"

"Don't go Ricky Ricardo on me, Manny! Find out!" Bolivia shouts out. Melly listens to Sam as he examines the car, "Feels good." He rubs his thumb over the wheel to see a logo. The Autobot logo. Melly inwardly grins as Ron faces Bolivia, "How much?" Bolivia peeks through the window at Sam, "Well, considering the semi-classic nature of the vehicle, with the slick wheels and the custom paint job..."

"Yeah, but the paint's faded."

"Y-yeah, but it's custom." Bolivia spoke. Melly growled lowly. She didn't like the way they were talking about her old friend. She sees Sam frown at the man, "It's custom faded?" She messes with the radio again, catching chirping from the Camaro. Melly leans against her seat, watching and listening.

Bolivia scoffs, "Well, this is your first car. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Five grand." He then faces Ron. Ron shakes his head, "No, I'm not paying over four. Sorry." Bolivia glances at Sam, "Kid, come on, get out. Get out of the car."

"No, no, no. You said cars pick their drivers."

"Well, sometimes they pick a driver with a cheap-ass father. Out the car." Bolivia coughs, then turn to a yellow beetle next to the Camaro, "Now, this one here for four Gs is a beaut." Bolivia gets in the beetle as Sam exits the Camaro.

"There's a Fiesta with racing stripes over there." Ron points out. "No, I don't want a Fiesta with racing stripes." Sam retorts as Bolivia speaks, "This is a classic engine right here. I sold a car the other day-" Sam closes the Camaro door, and the passenger door slams open, hitting the beetle. Ron gasps, "Geez. Holy cow."

Bolivia jumped, then crawled to the passenger window of the beetle, "No, no, no. No worries." Ron looks at him in worry, "You all right?" Bolivia waves his hand, "I'll get a sledgehammer and knock this right out. Hey, hey, Manny! Get your clown cousin and get some hammers and come bang this stuff out, baby!" He laughs nervously. Melly listens to the Camaro chirp, then the radio speaks.

"Greater than man..."

Bolivia gets out of the beetle and grins, "That one's my favorite; drove all the way from Alabamy." Melly covers her ears as the Camaro speaks again, "Go..." Instantly, the cars around the Camaro began to burst. The windows and glass break, scaring Bolivia, "Woah!"

Bolivia is gasping, staring at the destroyed vehicles. He turns to Sam, "Four thousand!" Ron gives the four thousand to Bolivia, and Sam gets in the vehicle. Melly inwardly grins at the man's terrified reaction as Sam takes the car and drives away. She follows the car to Sam's house.

"Well done, Bumblebee." Melly chuckles.