10. Mind Flayer

"The what" Steve, Max and I asked. Dustin grabbed a book and we all collected around a table. He opened it to a page and slammed it down on the table startling Lila a little "The mind flayer" He said again "what the hell is that" Hopper asked sounding irratated and done with this conversation "it's a monster from and unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know its true home okay it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly developed sionic powers" I nodded seeing the connection "oh my God non of this is real this is a kids game" Hopper said and I glared at him. I wasn't to happy with this man around he wasn't talking nicely or listening to us "No it's a manual and it's not for kids unless you know something that we don't this is the best metaphor" Dustin said "Analogy" Lucas interrupted "analogy. That's what your worried about. Fine analogy for understanding what ever the hell this is" I smiled at him "okay so this mind flamer thing" Nancy said and Dustin got annoyed "Flayer mind flayer" he corrected "what does it want" She asked ignoring him. "to concore us basically. It believes it's the master race" Dustin answered.

"Like uh like the Germans" Steve said and I smiled. It was a good connection and a great effort "the nazis" Dustin corrected and Steve shrugged "yea yea the nazis" he corrected himself. "if the nazis were from another dimension totally" Dustin said and Steve looked proud of himself. Hopper on the other hand was groaning "it views other races like us as inferior to itself" Dustin finished. "it wants to spread and take over other dimensions" Mike said "We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it" Lucas finished.

"That's great. That's great. That's really great" Steve said sounding like he was about to have a panic attack. I gave Lila to Dustin who was the closest to me and walked up to him "We can fix this okay" I said softly and he nodded turning back around. I saw Nancy looking between the two of us but I brushed it off focusing on more important things "okay so if this thing is like a brain that's controlling everything then if we kill it" I began "We kill everything it controls" Bear finished taking his sister from Dustin who looked uncomfortable holding her "We win" Dustin said. "Theoretically" Lucas finished. 

"alright great so how do you kill this thing" Hopper asked snatching the book from my hands "shoot it with fire balls or something" He asked his voice heavy with sarcasm "no no no no fire no fireballs. Uh you summon an undead army because because zombies you know uh don't have brains so the mind the mind flayer it it it likes brains" Hopper shut the book and I sighed standing behind Dustin incase Hopper said anything "it's just a game" Dustin said taking the book.

"The hell are we doing here" Hopper said walking away. I squeezed Dustin's shoulders "Great work Dusty. You did good" he smiled at me and I followed the others "I thought we were waiting for your military back up" I said getting fed up with his attitude towards the kids "we are" he yelled at me "even if they come how are they gonna stop this you can't just shoot this with guns and expect that to fix every fucking problem we have" I asked again "you don't know that. We don't know anything" he challenged "we know it's already killed everybody in that lab" I said raising my voice to match his mother mode taking over. "we know the monsters are gonna molt again" Lucas said "And we know it's only a matter of time those tunnels reach this town" Dustin said and I nodded pointing at him "What he said" I spoke still glaring at the Hopper

"they're right. We have to kill it."Joyce said in a shaky voice. Hopper slowly walked up to her "I want to kill it" She said again anger filling her voice. "me too Joyce okay but how do we do that. We don't exactly know what we're dealing with here" he said and I must admit that sounded reasonable.

"no but he does" Mike said pointing at an unconscious Will "if anyone know how to destroy this thing its Will. He's connected to him, he'll know his weaknesses" I saw Bear nod and give Lila to Steve who seemed to want him alot right now. Steve picked Lila up and grinned at her before etickling her neck making her giggle. "I thought we couldn't trust him anymore. That he's a spy for the mind flayer now" Max asked "yea but he can't spy if he doesn't know where he is" I suggested.