13

Season Two

Nora smiled at her sleeping son and looked up to see flashing lights.

She opened the door to see Derek. 'Thanks for coming.'

Derek nodded. 'He's in good hands.'

'I know he is. Look, I'm sorry about freaking out with everything.'

'Nora, you have no reason to apologize. It's a lot to take in. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, okay?'

She stared at him. 'Are you gonna do to any of the teens or me and Mateo what you did to your uncle?'

Derek shook his head. 'No, never.'

She nodded. 'Good. I'll see you later. If he gets hungry, bottles are in the fridge.'

'I've got it, Nora. See you soon, okay?'

Nora nodded again and left the apartment.

She made her way to the hospital and to Lydia's room. She was lying comatose in her bed. However, there was only another hour for visiting, so Nora stayed as long as she could.

When visiting hours were over, she began driving home and noticed a message from Stiles pop up on her phone. She pulled to the side and looked at it. 'Nora, Lydia's gone missing. Melissa said you were the last to visit her. Do you know where she went?'

'No, Stiles, I don't. I'm headed back there to see if I can offer any help. We'll find her. I promise.'

Nora pulled up just as Stiles held the hospital gown up to Scott. "This is the one she was just wearing? I'm not gonna let anymore hurt her. Not again."

"All right, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her," Stiles retorted and someone else appeared. "Wow! Hey, Nora."

"What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us."

"I don't care - she's my best friend, and we need to find them before they do," Allison replied. "What's Nora doing here?"

"I can find her before the cops can. To help. We can trust her."

"How about before my father does?"

"He knows?"

"Yeah. I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs."

"Search party."

"It's more like a hunting party."

"Get in."

"All right, but if she's turning, would they actually kill her?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. They won't tell me anything. Okay, all they say is, "We'll talk after Kate's funeral, when the others get here.""

"What others?"

"I don't know, they won't tell me that yet."

"Okay, your family's got some serious communication issues to work on. Scott, are we going the right way?"

"Take the next right!" Scott yelled.

They pulled up to Derek's and Stiles frowned. "She came here? You're sure?"

"Yeah, this is where the scent leads."

"All right, but has Lydia ever been here?"

"Not with me," Allison replied. "Maybe she came here on instinct, like she was looking for Derek."

"You mean - looking for an Alpha," Scott corrected.

"Werewolves need a pack, right?"

"Not all of them."