6 • Monster.

"Hey Tree... can you breathe in there?" Bottle hesitated to speak, Tree had been quiet for quite a while during their time on night watch, and she was beginning to worry about him.
"Don't you think it's a little late to ask me that?" Tree harshly commented, but quickly cooled down, "Sorry.. but i'm fine, thank you for asking anyway though." It was rather boring inside Bottle, and it didn't help that his leaves nearly fit from one side to the other, so he could only just move his head. 

Tree sighed, "Have you thought about how we're going to get me out of you without killing the one of us?" He knew it was pessimistic to think but he wasn't sure he was going to get out of Bottle without a death. "I-" Bottle paused to think for a second, "I think we'll both be separated eventually, but I hope none of us have to die..." She concluded, twiddling her thumbs. "Heyy..! Whatcha talking about?" Pillow suddenly interrupted them.
"A-ah! Pillow! You're meant to be in the shelter sleeping!" he scolded her, "And speaking of sleep.." Tree yawned, letting his eyes droop.

Pillow's mouth curved into a downwards smile, raising her eyebrows to suggest to Bottle what she wanted to do. "Pillow. Let him sleep..." her tone was different from her usual cheery voice. Pillow sulked, facing away from her. Bottle eased, she wouldn't ever tell anyone, but she felt responsible for Tree now he was stuck inside her, the only problem was, she was never good with responsibility. Pillow stared at Tree, Bottle couldn't see that she had turned back around as she was too busy staring into the distance. Pillow smirked again, she really couldn't help herself at the thought of what Tree's reaction would be.

She knocked on Pillow's glass, creating a banging sound which woke Tree up instantly. "AGH! What the hell Pillow?!" He clutched his bark, feeling his heart pounding against it, fast enough for it to feel like it was going to jump out. "Pillow, I told you not to do that.." Bottle sighed gloomily, rubbing her side, it surprisingly hurt more than she assumed it would. Pillow giggled mischievously, as she ran back into the shelter. It was only small so she crashed into Liy, who was on her way out, "Careful Pillow!" she shouted back to her, Liy sighed, Pillow is gonna be the death of them someday... Liy emerged from the shelter, stretching her arms as she yawned, "Good morning, well not morning yet, but you know what i mean..."
Her only reply was a judgemental stare from Tree and a anxious glance from Bottle.

What was wrong with them? Oh right. She stared at her hands, they were stained with Nickel's blood from the other day. Her hands trembled slightly as she stared at them, trying not to remember the disturbing gurgled noises he made as she plunged the axe into him. "You can erm, go rest now, i'll keep watch for the rest of the night..." Liy's tone was awkward and uncertain, but who could blame her? She rested herself against a tree, Tears pricked at her eyes, she couldn't understand, she had saved so many lives, but the one time she kills, in the most necessary time, everyone acts like she's a monster.

"Good morning, Liy" She shakily turned, to see Blackhole, well everyone except one person. "Where'd you go?" Liy questioned, looking up at the astral object. "I uh, went to go look around to see if i could find any more food..." he lied, really he had gone to check on Nickel's body, but on the journey he saw Leafy being malled by two infected, he wanted to help but they were to close for him to suck them up, as Leafy would be killed too. There was something strange in the way it played out, Leafy seemed like she was hesitant to try attack them, and just as they were about to infect her she grabbed a stick off the floor and stabbed herself with it.

The stick penetrated her, leaving a massive hole, and due to her fragility, her body went limp as she fell to the floor. The infectious liquid was now all over her body. Blackhole had expected her to just reanimate as an infected but nothing happened, her body simply lay there. The infected had long since gone, Blackhole hovered over her staring sympathetically. "Blackhole?" Liy's voice brought him back to consciousness, "Blackhole, I can tell you're lying." Liy crossed her arms. Seeing no point in trying to refuse, Blackhole sighed and reluctantly told her what he saw.