7 • Misery O Misery

The freesmart alliance (and Flower) were still camping out in their team cabin, the majority of the infected had moved into the forest, but many still swarmed near the area, sometimes they'd bash on the doors and windows but they'd never get in due to the blockades they had hammered up on the very first day. It was impressive how much terror can drive you to do great things. Their food supply was great, the team even found a load of non-perishable foods in Snowball's room, in a box under his bed labelled, 'for the apocalypse'. How nerdy...

Additionally, the weaker ones of the group, like Bubble, Ruby and Match were being taught fighting techniques by Flower and Pencil. At night, Ruby would cry and sniffle in her sleep and Pencil always made it whoever slept closest to her know that it was their job to shut her up for the night,
Tonight that lucky person was Flower.

"C'mon Ruby... i'm sure everyone's uhh, managing.?" Flower patted the weeping gem on the back, she had moved her sleeping bag closer to Ruby's to make it easy to attempt to comfort her. The girls had all agreed to sleep in the main room together rather than in their respective shared rooms as it made them feel safer. "But what if we're the last aliivee...!" she wailed, putting her face in her hands. "I.." Flower struggled to find the right words to calm her down.

"Flower I swear if you don't calm her down i'm going to lock you in a room with her!" Pencil hissed, "I can't sleep for all her crying.!" she complained, throwing her hands in the air. Flower looked around the room, she crossed her arms, "Well everyone else seems to be asleep.." she grumbled under her breath. Flower expected another witty remark from Pencil, but she had turned over in her sleeping bag and had begun using her pillow to cover her head. "Okayy..." Flower sighed, regaining her composure, "Ruby, what do you think would make you feel better..?" none of her other attempts to stifle her crying had worked so maybe Ruby herself knew what she needed.

"Mmhm... a hug would- help" she sniffled, Flowers eyes widened, it was that simple? "Yeah, you think that would help?" she said in disbelief. Ruby looked up at her, her lips trembling, "Yeah.." her voice seemed to melt away as she spoke. Although she still felt a little annoyance to Ruby's childishness, she smiled softly, "C'mere then..." she opened her arms.

Ruby practically dove into them, Flower stumbled back from the impact, but held Ruby steady in her arms. She rubbed her back slowly, the temperature of material freezing up her hands a little from how cold Ruby was. Flower held her for a couple minutes, feeling Ruby's body get slightly warmer. After she had calmed, Ruby pushed back, "T-thanks Flower" she sniffed. Although at first it was just an irritating task, Flower was pleased with Ruby's gratitude, and quite frankly, pleased with herself, how often is it that she makes someone happy?

"How about we try get some sleep now?" she whispered, "You know what I get like if i kiss my beauty sleep, not that I need it but.." Flower suggested. Ruby nodded, laying down into her sleeping bag. Flower pulled her bag off of Ruby's, and began to do the same before she felt a small tap on her arm. "C-can you keep your bag close to mine please?" Ruby nervously asked. Flower initially thought it was strange but agreed anyway. As the night passed by, Ruby cuddled closer to Flower, unbeknownst to her. You could say they both slept much better that night.

The next morning Pencil was training Match, Ruby and Bubble, she had found a swing ball set in the storage cupboard, and thought it would be a good idea to practice hand-eye coordination with it. They would first use it by themselves, and then once everyone was confident, use it together. Match had just picked up the racket before Flower came running in, "WAAAAIT!" she obnoxiously yelled. "Don't start yet! Look what I found on the highest shelf in the storage room!" She posed, holding a tub in her hands.

Match squinted, trying to read its label, "Well, what like is it?" Pencil, who was closer, had already read it, her face mix of regret, shock and anger. Flower held the tub in both her hands, "I think Bubble should see it first." she insisted, pushing the tub into Bubble's hands. "Aloe vera, anti-poip cream..?" she read aloud, "Poincil, you said we ran oiut of this moinths ago!" Bubble looked over to her, upset, she wanted to believe that Pencil genuinely didn't know it was there but from her expression and knowing Pencil's personality she could tell that Pencil had purposefully hid it.