~|Chapter 14|~

As he descended the little stairs that were attached to the plane, hot and cool air smacked him in the face. He still needed to board the bus that was scheduled to transport him to the airport.

When he boarded the bus, it was moving quickly but slowly, causing everyone to sway a little bit, including Oliver, who was standing because he had given the pregnant woman his seat. There was a pause, during which all you could hear was the sound of the bus wheels scraping the pavement.

He took a glance around as he exited the bus and entered the airport, where there was a line to have your tickets, passports, and other items checked. It was Oliver's turn, he presented the man with his passport to identify himself, which was accepted, and he was then free to leave.

Every kind of person you could imagine was represented by the numerous varied faces he observed as he moved down the wide, white corridor. There were stores where you could get anything you could imagine, but they were 3 times more expensive because they were in the airport. These stores sold drinks, food, clothes, fragrances, makeup bags, and other items.

He stepped down and sat on the chair next to him at a table that was vacant. It wasn't the same temperature in LA anymore; he was now in Colombia, where it was hot and most people were wearing short sleeves, shorts, sandals, and chanclas. He set his bag and suitcase eight by him and took off his hoodie.

(i don't know where they live so let's pretend they do live in LA😻🙏)

He sat down and began to look about for a place to buy a water bottle. He soon discovered one nearby at a dispenser machine, so he got up and walked there. He rapidly perused the available merchandise, but all he truly want was a cold drink. He was now perspiring from wearing too much clothing for the current weather.

He was ready to insert the money when he realised he didn't have the right amount, and his only idea was that he had his credit card in his wallet and on his phone, which wasn't much use as the machine only accepted cash. Oliver arrived his area and looked for a shop, which wasn't safe away, but there was this one that was very distant from him so he had to take his stuff with him, which Oliver didn't really care about as he was heading back to his possessions annoyed and thirsty.

He retrieved the hoodie that was hanging from the suitcase and his bag, then he began to move in the direction of the store. When he got there and entered, the chilly air hit him all over and helped him feel a little more at ease. He enjoyed it. He took the snacks and the water, seeing certain goodies that brought back memories of his youth. After that, he entered the short queue and waited for a few minutes before getting his turn.

Oliver placed the item he was going to purchase on top of the counter so that the store employee could scan his products. After the employee had finished scanning Oliver's items, he smiled and stated, "Sir, your total will be 90.20 pesos." "Oh okay, thanks, but may I please pay with a credit card?" I have no change with me. Oliver gave a short, modest smile in response. The employee swiftly inserted the card reader so Oliver could pay, saying, "Yes, of course." Then, would you prefer to pay in dollars or pesos? People hardly ever used cards to make purchases, so she questioned as she turned it on by pressing a few buttons: Oliver remarked, relieved that he could pay with a card, "Oh, with dollars, please." When she selected the dollar choice and began to load, there was still some clicking. She stretched her arm and requested Oliver to insert the card; of course, Oliver did as she asked [beep]. Oliver responded, "Thank you," as he collected his things and possessions.

Oliver didn't give a damn about how he looked as he sat down in the same place and frantically drank water. The refreshing feeling he had vanished as soon as he took one step outside the shop since it was so hot. He ate the biscuit he had purchased because he was feeling relaxed and a little hungry. Feeling a little better now, he looked at his phone. witch was set to airplane mode since the air hostesses urged the passengers to do the same so they wouldn't bother one another. He was unable to complete it and received numerous notifications, which made him glad to know that others cared about him.