coffee

my first one shottt. it will probably be awful but oh well.

Morning. About 7am. The start of the day shift. The team flooded in at scattered times during the hour, none of them actually being punctual, aside from Tosh who never failed to arrive on time. And me, of course who stayed behind last night with Jack and never left. Then came Gwen, followed by Owen looking extremely hung over. It wasn't long before Jack would emerge from his office feeding us orders.

Tosh was busy with her own assignments, Owen was pretty much loitering trying to look like he was doing something productive and Gwen was doing goodness knows what. I decided it was probably about time I made some coffees for the team. Probably industrial strength by the looks of things. I started the machine and placed the cups one by one under it watching the coffee pour out as and stirred each cup to make sure it tasted perfect. I handed them out to everyone and was thanked subtly with appreciative grins. I went back and made jack's coffee exactly the way he likes it and delivered it up to his office where he had been sat all day.

I knocked on the glass door but there was no answer, I was usually allowed to just walk in but I guess it's still polite to knock before entering. I pulled down the door handle gently incase he was asleep, unlikely. he doesn't really sleep much these days. I poked my head around the door. Of course, there he was sat in his office with his feel on the table staring into deep space pretending to be busy but dozing off at the same time.

"You okay?" I asked him, concerned.
"Ianto! Yes I'm fine, come in." Jack muttered in attempted to make it seem like he was fine.
"I made you coffee but you should probably get some sleep, when was the last time you slept- I mean properly slept."
I was worried about Jack and that didn't used to happen very much back then but I was never any good at helping him, he didn't like to announce when he was going through something, even to me.
"I'm fine, don't worry about me! I don't need any sleep, your coffee works wonders."
He thinks he's so convincing when he does that.
"Jack you need to sleep."
"Theres no time for sleep anymore, there's so much to do."
"You can stop you know."
Jack is one of those people that thinks if he stops being busy all the time, the worlds stops. And I guess  In some ways that's true, but not in this case. I could see he was struggling and I just wanted to make sure he was going to be okay.
"I know, but there is so much I have to do. I can't stop right now."
He started writing again or doing whatever he was doing.

I walked over to him and placed my hand on his, our eyes met for a moment. I didn't have to say anything for him to see that I was concerned.

"Okay fine, I'll take a nap for an hour, an hour. at most. I'm never going to get this paperwork done otherwise."
I smirked, proud of myself that I had finally managed to convince him to look after himself.
"good."
I kissed him.
"Ianto Jones, you sure know how to get me to do whatever you want. Not many people can do that you know. You must be very special ."
Jack teased as he kissed me back.
"Oh believe me, I know."
I laughed.

"Wake me up in an hour."
"We both know i won't be doing that, I'll be back in about 8 hours. I've got ur paperwork sorted, just sleep."
I said as I was leaving, I looked back to see him already asleep with a beautiful grin across his face.

"I love you."
I whispered as I closed the office door behind me.