Rain

These titles are getting so creative Ikr.
(Ianto pov)

Another boring day at work.
'seems to be like most days at the moment'
I thought to myself.

I had finished all of my paperwork and everyone was pretty coffeed out. There was nothing else to do. Gwen was getting ready to go home, so was owen. Tosh stayed back probably to touch up on her cases and Jack was probably lurking somewhere, most likely in his office.
"What are you doing tosh." I asked in curiosity and attempt to start a conversation.
"Just checking the latest rift activity and making sure everything in the system is up to date."
"Ah, interesting."
"Not really."
"Any.. Rift activity recently?"
"Not that. I am aware of, no."
"Ah.. okay. I'll leave you to get on."
"Okay." Tosh mumbled.

Well that was anticlimactic.

I walked around base looking for any odd jobs I could do and of course for the first time ever, there was nothing. I wanted to go home but I don't stay there enough to even call it a home, it's not even fully furnished and it doesn't feel like home, just somewhere I sleep every so often. Jack always says 'don't let your life drift.' But it's practically impossible when my whole life revolves around my job, because he is my whole life. Each year I watch my life before slowly drift away, I don't see my family much anymore, mostly because they don't want to see me, aside from my sister, Rhi. But also because this job is so engulfing that there is no time, no time to be a normal person and forget about the horrors we see and the things we know that are threatening this planet and pretend we live in this beautiful world when in reality, we don't.

I decided to take step outside to get some fresh air. When I got outside, i instantly felt drops of cool rain pattering on and around me that seemed to lighten my mood slightly. There's some odd security in the rain, in the feeling of the raindrops falling one by one around me, immersing me in some kind of cold embrace. I sat on a bench near and reflected as I felt each raindrop fall onto me, welcoming me into that embrace I had been longing for. I gazed into the distance for what felt like hours but could have only been a few minutes.

I heard muffled footsteps that seemed to merge into the rainfall slowly approach me from behind. Before I knew it I felt two hands slowly wrap around the sides of my shoulders that made me flinch slightly before realising who it was and felt and a warm kiss on my cheek.

"Hello Jack."
I said as butterflies formed in my stomach.
"Ianto what are you doing out here, it's raining and you don't have a coat or an umbrella.
Jack said as he wrapped his coat around my shoulders.
"I couldn't find an umbrella, but my coat will do."
"Thank you."
I said smiling, grateful for the fact that he had acknowledged me and had come looking for me. He sat beside me.
"Is everything okay?."
"Yes."
I answered vaguely. There wasn't a particular reason I was upset but I didn't want the sympathy nor did I want to waste time telling him every little thing that Is going wrong is the moment. I just wanted his company.
"Ianto I've been with you enough to know when something is up."
"I'm fine jack."
I wanted him to shush and enjoy the soft patter of the rain with me but he wasn't getting the hint.
"If there is something.. you know... wrong. you can talk to me."
"I'm fine but thank you."
There was a long, almost comforting silence. He shuffled closer to me and placed his hand around me as I slumped into his shoulder. I could feel his body heat radiating around me. We sat there for ages, it was so peaceful.