Prologue

(art not mine)

warning: i'm not the greatest at writing in detail or being very descriptive, i struggle a bit to find the right words so i apologize if this is shit and doesn't make sense.

—————————————————————

Pov: Shuichi Saihara

Everything was black.
Where am I?
Who am I?
I attempt to grasp onto something hoping to make sense out of nothing.
...
Suddenly I remember who I am.
I'm Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective...
Well, not really, considering everything that took place during the killing game up until now was all just fiction.
...
What happened?
Why is everything dark? Why can't I see?
The last thing I remember is walking along side my last remaining friends, Maki Harukawa and Himiko Yumeno.

We had climbed through the rubble trying to reach the outskirts of what remained of the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles. We found a small opening in the dome after some time, however...
As soon as we stepped through into the real world, everything went dark.
...
I began to open my eyes only to be blinded by bright fluorescent lights. My entire body felt numb. I felt completely incapable of moving my body. I took a moment to breath and I came to my senses, and suddenly realized there were voices ringing throughout the entire room...
Voices that I recognized.

I forced myself to sit up and that's when I saw her face. Along with the faces of all my friends. "Kaede?!" I yelled. She ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. "Kaede..? W-what's going on? How're you-" "You don't have to worry, everything's okay." Kaede reassured me.

Suddenly a loud voice rang throughout the room. "Everyone! May I have your attention?" It was Tsumugi, the mastermind of the killing game. "First of all, I'd like to explain what's going on to those of you that just woke up." "Welcome to Team Danganronpa.".

——————————————————————

Okay look i'm tired rn and I can't bring myself to write Tsumugi having an entire monologue explaining everything, so I'm just going to explain to you guys.

This is a post-game au where everything was vr. Everyone else that had died earlier was given a thorough explanation by team danganronpa of the situation.

And team danganronpa housed all the participants into a dorm building / living quarter. Everyone who had died was watching the rest of the killing on tv cause it was being broadcasted as a tv show. So they basically know everything that happened. (Tsumugi also knew that it was vr btw)
Also think of the living quarter building to be like dorm building from BNHA.

Okay that should be everything.
Next chapter will probably be the survivors + kiibo getting adjusted to living with everyone.

(also this chapter i wrote way before the other ones so this complete shit but im too tired to rewrite it)