Chapter 9

Y/n = Your name

L/n = Last name

E/c = Eye colour

H/c = Hair colour

(Character): "This is speaking"

(Character): 'This is thinking'

~Feel free to point out any mistakes~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Present - Y/n's POV)

It's now the next day and luckily I wasn't as hurt as I thought I was, though I was leagues more injured than both Fushiguro and Kugisaki. Lucky bastards.

The three of us were sitting on the stairs outside the school. Mourning in our own ways.

I'm not the type to cry over something like this. Definitely didn't cry yesterday. Not at all!

I was zoning out, not listening to Kugisaki or Fushiguro, thinking about nothing in particular when my attention was caught by Kugisaki asking us a question.

Kugisaki: "Hey... Is this the first time a comrade of yours died?"

Fushiguro: "It's the first time for a classmate, yeah."

Y/n: "...Yeah."

Kugisaki: "Hmph. You guys seem oddly fine."

Fushiguro: "...You too."

I stayed silent.

Kugisaki: "Well, I only knew him for about 2 weeks. I'm not such a soft woman that I would cry over the death of someone like him."

Her lip was quivering.

You liar.

Y/n: "Man, it's hot..."

Kugisaki: "...Yeah. I wonder when we'll get our summer clothes."

Before we could ruminate in our silent sadness anymore we were interrupted by a familiar voice.

Maki Zen'in.

Maki: "Is that you, L/n? I thought you died."

Oh yeah. It's been 2 years since I've seen her... Hm.

Shoulda been longer.

Kugisaki was understandably confused, still haven't told her about my past yet. I'll keep her in the dark for a little longer.

To mess with her.

Kugisaki: "Died? L/n?"

Y/n: "I got better."

She then turned to Fushiguro.

Maki: "You're more depressing than ever, Megumi. What is this, a wake?"

Kinda.

Before Maki could say anything more, she was interrupted by voices coming from behind a nearby tree.

Panda: "Maki. Maki! He really did die. Yesterday! A boy in the first year!"

Inumaki: "Fish Flakes!!"

Maki went stiff, she unknowingly stepped on a landmine.

Maki: "Say. That. Earlier!"

Maki: "Now I look like a cold-hearted demon!"

Y/n: "...You aren't?"

Maki: "Shut up! You don't get to say that to me!"

Kugisaki, still confused on who these people were, pointed and turned to Fushiguro and I.

Kugisaki: "Who are these people?"

Fushiguro: "That's Zen'in-senpai. Out of everyone here, nobody's a better cursed-tool user than her."

Y/n: "There's Inumaki, he uses cursed speech. For our safety he only says riceball fillings."

Fushiguro and Y/n: "That's Panda."

Fushiguro: "Okkotsu-Senpai isn't here, but he's the only one who I can sincerly respect."

Kugisaki: "Are you seriously gonna leave the panda's introduction at 'Panda'?"

Y/n grinned at her

Y/n: "Panda is Panda."

Kugisaki: "Thanks....super helpful..."

Panda: "Sorry 'bout this, especially during this sad time. But we want you guys to participate in the Kyoto sister-school goodwill event."

Hm?

Y/n: "Isn't it only second years who can participate?"

Maki: "That third-year halfwit is suspended right now. We don't have enough people, so you guys are in."

Hakari, huh....

Kugisaki: "What do we do in the event? Smash Bros.? I'm good at the Wii version..."

Sensing an incoming explanation, I tune it out.

I hate explanations.

...

Man. My eyepatch itches.

My thoughts are interrupted by Maki's voice.

Maki: "Y/n! Still haven't fixed your bad habit I see."

Y/n: "Uh yeah... what were you guys talking about?"

Maki: "The Goodwill event! You're in right? Do it for your fallen friend!"

Fushiguro, Kugisaki and Y/n: "We're in!"

Y/n: 'Ew. Why were we in sync?'

Kugisaki: "But if I think both the training and the event are pointless, I'm out."

Fushiguro: "Same."

Y/n: 'Bold words guys... but I agree. Not that I'd ever say that to Maki's face mind you, I choose life.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Time! Training Arc!