Chapter 9 Tris POV

Tonight, someone (I don't know who though) is throwing a party in the pit. It's probably someone like Eric, trying to become more popular as of it. At first when I heard about it, I didn't feel like going and neither did a few other people. It had a ten percent chance of being good and a ninety percent chance it would suck, according to Will.

But Christina suggested that we should all go in case this party falls into that ten percent chance of being good. I protested, saying it was just going to be a bunch of drunk people . She defended, saying that wouldn't have to happen to everyone and it would only be people who decided to drink; not everyone would drink so much that they puke on the floor. Every single flaw I had with the idea of the party, she had a comeback. It was as if she had planned that conversation all out before, which I guess she probably did.

We both decided that we should go shopping for new clothes for tonight; I have been meaning to buy a nice dress for a while now and today seems like a good day to do so.

We head into a shop called 'New black' which i have been in numerous times with Christina since it opened. Our eyes look through the hundreds of different clothing: t-shirts, shorts, trousers and dresses. I can't help but feel that all these dresses are quite...well...revealing. I'm about to give up and watch Christiana find a new dress for herself when I see one standing out from the others. I immediately take it to the changing rooms to try it on.

"Tris wait for me!" Christiana laughs, running after me with her dress

I take my clothes off and I put the dress on. It's fits me perfectly, not to baggy that it doesn't at least try to show off my curves and not too clingy that it will accidentally hitch up and make me look like a prostitute. The are around neck rim is a maroon red which fades out jet black. It's not tot plain but not over the top, how I like pretty much everything to be.

"Christina! Are you done yet?" I ask as she only in the changing room next to me so I don't need to shout

"Yep!" She yells, popping the p

We both step out at exactly the same time, me in my dress and her in a tight fitting dress with semi fishnet sleeves. It's looks absolutely amazing on her.

"Oh my god Tris you look amazing!" She compliments

"So do you, this was a great idea coming here!"

"Told you!" She replies, smirking

"I'm guessing you will be using real life photoshop on my face later as well?"

"Of course!" She says walking back into the changing room.

After we have changed back into our normal clothes, we pay and leave store with our dresses in those paper bags they give you. Christina holds her bag in the crook of her elbow so I instinctually do the same. She gives me weird look as I fiddle around, trying not to drop my bag.

"Still getting used to this?" She sighs, smiling

"Yeah, abnegation messed me up big time!" I joke

We both head back to our apartment, two and a half hours before the party. Still enough time for both of us to have a shower. I go in first whilst Christina finds us the perfect shoes out of mine and her's collection.

I shampoo and condition my hair before rinsing it all out. Then I add this leave-in conditioner to smoothen it out and to add more volume to my hair I think. It's only been around fifteen minutes before I step out and dry my hair as Christina goes in the shower next.

When she's out, we start on the makeup. Seeing as I barely know what any of the makeup is, Christina does mine for me. I mean she's a beautician for a living, I think she knows what she's doing.

In the end, I look stunning. A smokey eyeshadow and mascara make my pale eyes stand out like never before. My lips a natural shade but slightly brighter, my overall skint tone is evened out. I don't think I look pretty, but I certainly look noticeable.

I get dressed in my outfit for the night before I immediately get to work on my hair, curling the ends slightly to complete the look. Once Christina is done, we head on over to the pit where the music is already playing loud. I can't see Four at first but I slowly recognise a handsome guy holding Uriah upside down by his ankles.

Tobias