3: The Beginning

With trembling fingers, I flip the pages in my book seeming interested in what I have been wanting to read for awhile. However, every single word written looks like another language to me as I beg myself to focus on it. Instead, my thoughts are lingering back to everything that happened last night. Fear, rage, and anxiety crawls up inside me settling deep into my very bones.

Every few pages, I glance over my shoulder to stare at the library door wanting Atticus to return as quickly as he left. Father called for him without any specific reason. That tells me he must know that Atticus tends to be at my side ready to chase off the crown prince. Father will not allow this arranged marriage to fall apart before his eyes even if it means his death.

A sickening feeling tickles up my spine as the door to the library clicks open. Without even looking, I knew the person who entered is not my dear brother. Heavy footsteps approach from behind me then a pair of warm hands settle along my neck and jaw. The hands snap my head backwards so that I am peering up at the despicable man I wish to hide away from.

Ayden smiles sweetly as our eyes lock instantly. He slides his thumb over my lips and caresses his other hand down my neck. It slips underneath the top of my dress as he grabs my breast and squeezes it firmly. He crashes his lips onto mine from above my sitting position. Ayden then shoves his tongue into my mouth demanding I kiss him back.

Bile rises into the back of my throat as he yanks my sleeves down. The brute force he uses rips the top of my dress down the middle. Ayden then leans over my shoulder and places his lips over one of my breasts. He nimble's softly on the tip then runs his tongue over it and starts sucking.

I try to scream for him to stop but he uses his free hand to cover my mouth. He sucks and bites on my nipple more aggressive now. Finally, his mouth moves from my swollen breast back to my mouth. He places a quick kiss there before he whispers to me.

"You attempt to scream again my dear, I will not hesitate to punish you," Ayden threatens as he stalks around the sofa to stand in front of me.

An evil lustful glint shines in his eyes and he takes in my disheveled appearance.

"By the gods, you are so fucking gorgeous when you look so defeated," Ayden purrs as he sits down next to me.

He reaches a hand out to brush my strands of hair away when I flinch away from him.

"Oh dear," he chuckles. "Are you frightened my lady?"

Ayden acts as if he's actually concerned of my well-being. Despite my flinch away from him, he runs his fingers over my cheek then tucks the stray hairs behind my ear. I continue to stay quiet unsure of how this will play out.

Surely he will fuck me before Atticus can return in time to save me.

Ayden clicks his tongue in dissatisfaction. "How rude of me," he begins. "I have taken advantage of this situation and left nothing to offer you. My sincerest apologies," he says before leaning closer to my face to look into my eyes pleadingly.

"There is no need—" I began, but he swiftly cuts me off.

"Nonsense, I shall treat you like a queen," he says softly on my lips.

An icy fear runs through me as he guides me to lay down on my back. He moves my left leg up onto the sofa while my right leg is planted on the floor. He lifts my dress, running his hands up my thighs leaving a sickening sensation behind.