A Bad First Impression

--- aka ---
I Was a Teenage Abomination

It has been three days since the incident with Adegast and today Eda is excited to teach the two something new. To do so she gathers everyone up to take them to the beach on this beautiful day.

"Look at it kids!" She elbows Luz gently. "Did you ever think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?" She makes a grand gesture towards the corpse of a giant slug surrounded by trash. Insects of some sort buzz around it intensely. Luz takes a step back shaking her head.

"I. Don't. Like. This." She plugs her nose in disgust as she turns to [Y/N]. "You okay?" The poor dhampir is on his knees holding his hands over his face, his enhanced sense of smell being more of a hindrance. He shakes his head 'no' quickly, but Eda ignores the two's dilemma walking up to the slug.

"Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside." She reaches into the slug's mouth pulling out a rubber chicken. "Until, blam, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate. She says excitedly as she brings out a pickaxe.

"Please don't make us." Luz begs horrified. King starts to walk away from the scene.

Aw, come on, you guys. He starts to lay out his beach towel. "It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." His voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Ah, nuts to all three of you." She dismissively waves her hand at them. She winds up a massive swing of the pickaxe destroying something or other.

"So, Eda..." Luz tries to get her mentor's attention. The sound of glass breaking echoes across the dump. "What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like..." something else in the slug crashes with a loud thud. "Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or-" She's cut off when the Owl Lady tosses more garbage out from the slug's mouth before exiting herself.

"Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." She groans in disgust at the thought of standardized education.

"Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?" She says growing more excited with each thought. [Y/N] pops up next to her now wearing a clothespin on his nose.

"I mean, she did say that young witches get their staffs from school." He reminds the girl.

"Mm-hmm." Eda hums in affirmation. "What's worse, they force you to learn magic the 'proper' way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?" She asks as flies are buzzing around the pile of trash Eda is currently standing in. Luz's expression falls and [Y/N] opens his mouth to respond before Eda silences him.

"Quiet you." She turns to upset girl. "Uh... Hey, here's a lesson." She tosses her pickaxe away. "A great witch is resourceful," Eda grabs Luz's arm and forces it into a puddle of trash slug bile. "like this." The dhampir watches in disgust as Eda forces Luz to fish around for something before taking her arm away letting the girl dig on her own. Luz pulls out a small round object before shuddering.

"Oh, hey. Greasy slime ball." She says unenthusiastically staring at the slime ball in her open palm. Eda kneels next to Luz and closes the girl's hand so she grips the slime ball.

"Use your slime ball wisely, young witch." She stands and grabs her pickaxe before heading back into the trash slug. "Back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first." She says sounding giddy.

"Actually, if it's okay," She grabs [Y/N] by the arm and starts backing away. "I think we'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still... alive." She approaches King. "Love you, King." The demon giggles as Luz pets his belly. "You little beach peach." She says cutely as her friend waves in farewell as they walk into the woods. King sighs and Eda just shrugs.