Rightfully Upset

--- aka ---
Covention

Out in the market at Eda's Human Collectibles, the stand's owner is currently dusting the table with a bored look on her face. Off to the side Luz is currently reading from her ruined Azura book to King as [Y/N] listens in from a nearby chair with his eyes closed.

"Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Witch's Duel!" She cries out really getting into the theatrics.

"Show me the picture." King whines as he tries to peek over the book.

"What?"

"Show me the picture!" He orders but Luz frowns.

"Sorry buddy, the pictures in this book are pretty mucked up." She holds up the page to him so he can see the barely visible drawing of Azura and Hecate.

"Which is why you should have just brought the collector's edition." The dhampir says as King squints hard at the book.

"Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists." He boasts as Luz narrows her eyes at him.

"Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?" She asks suspiciously as [Y/N] chuckles at the two.

"Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!" He says excitedly.

"Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book." Luz says as she turns the page. Just as she opens her mouth to continue Eda cuts her off.

"Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!" She gestures to the area around her stand.

"Eda, I haven't seen another person or demon all day let alone a 'serious customer'." [Y/N] states as he stands up and looks around the empty street. Luz nods her head in agreement.

"I mean there aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?" She asks curiously.

"This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today." Eda says ominously before they hear a familiar voice.

"Hey you guys." They all turn to see Gus and Willow running towards the stand. "Something amazing is happening today!" He says excitedly.

"Hey, Gus." Luz greets him happy to see them..

"What's up Willpower?" [Y/N] greets the girl with a wave, and she giggles before holding up a flier for the two to see.

"It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a few mystery guests this year!" She explains excitedly. Luz's eyes immediately light up.

"A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?" She asks her mentor.

"Absolutely not." She says. Luz groans in disappointment and drops to the ground. "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system." She explains. Willow hums while looking upset and drops her flier and Gus looks sad. "Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls." She tries to cheer the two back up.

"Smooth recovery Owl La-" [Y/N] is cut off when Luz shoves passed him and gets really close to Eda's face.

"We?" She asks as Eda immediately realizes the mistake she's made. She pushes the human away.

"I - The - I mean-" Luz pops back up.

"Who's 'we'? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go! Please?"