Episode 1: The Origins

(We Open on a shot of a desert landscape with a group of teenagers camping at the beginning of summer. Jaime Reyes, a 16-year-old high school student, is playing cards with his best friend Paco Testas while their friends Brenda and Hector are roasting marshmallows over a campfire. Suddenly, a bright light appears over the horizon)

(The group hikes towards the light, which is revealed to be a crashed spaceship. As they investigate, Jaime discovers a strange blue scarab beetle-shaped artifact. He picks it up, and it attaches itself to his back)

(Suddenly, Jaime disappears in a flash of blue light. When he reappears, he's hovering off the ground, surrounded by a blue aura)

(Suddenly, the teenagers are attacked by a group of alien invaders called the Reach, who emerge from the crashed spaceship. Jaime instinctively uses his new powers to fight them off, and the scarab transforms him into a blue armored superhero - the Blue Beetle)

(As the battle rages on, Jaime learns to control his powers and the Scarab's abilities. He ultimately defeats the Reach and saves his friends)

(Back at home, Jaime struggles to come to terms with his new powers and responsibilities. He turns to his family for support, including his younger sister Milagro, who is fascinated by his new abilities)

(His Uncle Rudy reveals that the Scarab has been passed down through generations in their family and is linked to an ancient Egyptian artifact)

(As the episode ends, Jaime stands on a rooftop, overlooking the city, ready to embrace his new role as a superhero and defender of his home)