V1: Chapter 1

Arisu and Father had left the house before me, hence why I was taking a car by myself. Obviously, I wasn't driving. My butler, Matsuo was. He was my blood father's personal butler, but quickly moved to be mine when he died. He's great at everything which is on the plus side of things and he does whatever I ask.

These last few months, I've spent my time admiring nature and feeling the environment - let's not forget about the shopping sprees either. After inheriting a large quantity of money, it's perfectly fine for me to buy things. It has become quite a habit, it's a shame that the school doesn't allow any outside currency.

Before going, I had my father transport around half of my wardrobe to my dorm since we were allowed to bring clothes and such from our homes. It also means I won't have to buy clothes at the school campus. Father gave me and Arisu a rundown of the school system, hinting that he was also leaving a major part of the story out but I'll come to find it out, after all, I'm not insanely smart for no reason right?

I snacked on some of the chocolate that was in the limousine and rolled down my window to appreciate my surroundings. In doing so, my eyes made contact with an astounding figure of a girl in the same uniform as me. It seemed as though she missed the bus for school since she had a heartbroken look plastered on her face.

"Mastuo, stop for a moment, " I said, once he did, I exited the car and made my way to the girl at the bus stop and stood above her,

"You alright?" I asked, sticking my hand out to help her off the floor, as she was sat down nearly on the verge of tears,

"Ah yes, I'm completely fine, I just missed the bus for the first day of school so my mum is probably gonna kill me when I go back home..." I let out a small chuckle which I didn't know I could do and lifted her up when she grabbed my hand, "Did you miss the bus too?" She asked, taking a small glance at my uniform.

"Nah, I'm being driven. I stopped since I saw you upset. Would you like a ride?" I offered politely. I watched as her eyes lit up and practically had stars glowing in them. She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I was slightly stunned but allowed it and hugged back, "That seemed to make you happy, " I said, causing her cheeks to become a light shade of pink.

"Would you really take me?" She asked, pretty much pleading with me with her eyes.

"Of course," I replied, taking the lead to where my car was. I opened the door for her and she got in, astonished by the luxury car. I followed shortly behind.

"I didn't think you'd have a limo if I'm being honest!" She said, happily, looking around and smiling, "I've never been in one before!" She sat down on one of the many seats and I sat opposite her.

It took me a moment to realize that we hadn't even given each other names yet so, I initiated a conversation, "I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, class 1-B, you?" I asked, watching her eye up the chocolate that was near her, "You can take some if you'd like," I said, and once again watched happily as she took it and began to munch on it,

"I'm Ichinose Honami! Also class 1-B!" She exclaimed excitedly. It's amusing how I'm more than ten minutes away from my school and have already encountered a classmate. During the car ride, we had small conversations, engaging as much as we could.

She had quite the aspirations, to be someone everyone could rely on and become part of the Student Council. It wouldn't be a small feat, but judging her character, I'm sure she could accomplish whatever she wants in life.

For me, there wasn't much to talk about, I brought up my adoption, hinting at the fact that both my parents were dead but I quickly moved our conversation astray from that one so the mood didn't get completely destroyed.

In a small amount of time, I'd say we bonded pretty well. I enjoyed her company but as much as I'd like to continue speaking with her, it seems that we've arrived at my new school: Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, ANHS for short.

"Well, I enjoyed talking with you Ichinose, I hope we get along more in school," I said before exiting the car and opening the door on her side for her because being a gentleman is something I have fun doing.

"Thank you very much," She said, smiling as I took her hand to help her out of the car, "I hope for a bright future between us and our class' Ayanokouji-kun!" Her face turned slightly red before she looked away, waiting for me to say my goodbyes.

"Thanks for taking us Matsuo, I'll see you soon," I said, giving him a thumbs up through the window which he responded to by smiling and giving me a small nod. He rolled down the window and looked at me,

"We've had little time spent together but I cannot wait to see you again in three years' time, Sir." He said, waving at me and Ichinose before driving away.

Well, this is it I suppose. The school that I'm about to spend the next three years attending. Although, the fact that it is a government-established school and is actually run by the government is slightly confusing. Father has explained to me the gist of the school, obviously leaving a large part out, but this is supposed to raise students who've been deemed our country's future leaders correct?

So why are there people in this school that don't look or act smart at all? Judging from the groups surrounding us, you can tell who thrives in academics and who doesn't. I'll find out sooner or later.

"Shall we go to class?" I asked the girl beside me, who happily nodded in agreement and we both went toward the actual school building, searching for the door with the sign 'Class B'.

I took a deep breath before entering the classroom.

This is where everything begins for me.

To tell the complete truth,

I'm excited.